I accomplished a goal I thought would take me for ever! PLEASE keep it nice

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by jalipinot, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jalipinot

jalipinot Senior Member+

So after deciding to change my lifestyle and loose some weight....I can finally do this! I have much more to loose but this was great feeling. Did I mention I also fractured my knee 2 years ago?

http://youtu.be/UEbt0ChoSMw

4 people like this.
  2. Lady MacBeth

Lady MacBeth Senior Member

Congratulations :D its great that you are doing this! :D keep it up!!

3. MissB

MissB Senior Member

IMO, mounting from the ground that is a skill every equestrian can benefit from being able to do. Way to go! :)

4. jalipinot

jalipinot Senior Member+

thanks.. i think i will cool it for bit loose 20 more pounds and practice more! LOL I just feel like loosing weight has paid off already! I lost 17 and have like lots to go but I least have something to look forward to!

4 people like this.
  5. Fire_Dawn

Fire_Dawn Senior Member

Good for you!!! :D I think it's hard for anyone to do at first, and you're doing it having previously injured your knee!!!

6. belle4

belle4 Senior Moderator Staff Member

Good for you! Keep up the good work. We are almost neighbors. Do you still have snow up there? LOL It snowed here yesterday. When is spring coming?

7. danelleo

danelleo Senior Member

I am so proud of you!!!! I've also been losing weight in order to be able to get on by myself. Plus, like you, I have a bad knee too. My poor left knee has been put through he.l.l and back so being able to start pulling myself up has been awesome!

Keep up the good work!!!!

8. CaliforniaDream

CaliforniaDream Full Member

I hate getting up from the ground, it's so tough! Way to go, keep up the good work. :)

9. possumtrot

possumtrot Senior Member+

Well done! One suggestion is to have someone on the other side of the horse holding the stirrup to prevent saddle from yanking all the way over. It is kinder to the horse. And you just keep getting that knee stronger...you can even practice using the mounting block or somesuch item other than the horse...it is so exciting to see what we are capable of when we put our minds to it. Thank you for sharing. It does help inspire the rest of us!

6 people like this.
  10. MiakodaAPBT

MiakodaAPBT Senior Member

Great job!

Losing weight is hard, but it's also done best at a slow and steady pace, so don't fret about it. :)

I can mount from the ground, but I figure I've got a $7,000 3-rail wooden fence just sitting there, so I figure I'll make it earn its keep. :D

1 person likes this.