Husband's first riding lesson!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Winchester, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

So jealous... I wish mine would want to ride..

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. cassandra01000

cassandra01000 Senior Member

Yayyy!! That’s awesome I don’t think I will ever see mine on a horse lol would be nice though.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. RG NIGHT HEIR

RG NIGHT HEIR Senior Member

Still waiting on my hubby to do the same....

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Yep that's mine's biggest issue: he doesn't want to pay for someone else to teach him what I could teach for free! Except my horse and saddle are not beginner-friendly at all and I hate teaching him anything because there's an ego dynamic involved when it's us. :ROFLMAO: So I said lessons or bust!

I'm being very cautious of this... I booked his first lesson because I know folks in the industry but I'm letting him set his own pace and book his future lessons from now on. I want him to want it on his own terms, not just because it's my passion! I'm not putting any pressure on this very gossamer-fine interest to prevent dissolving it :sneaky:

5. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Congratulations! I hope he stays with it and you are eventually able to gallop across fields together!

A big part of my partnership with my husband is the equines, it is how we spend time together doing what we both enjoy.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

I'm lucky that my husband rides with me. It's not his favorite thing to do, but he does enjoy a trail ride here and there. Fingers crossed your's sticks with it!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. JinxedDream

JinxedDream Senior Member

That's awesome. My BF would ride if I could get around to getting his horse legged up. Nothing crazy, just basic walking trails.

He hold my horses for the farrier and for that alone I love him. He also feeds my horses in the winter and in general is relatively helpful.

I doubt he'd ever take lessons but he wants to do the games at the local fair so he's going to have to do something.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. bsaz

bsaz Senior Member

Just FWIW...works both ways. We have three horses. My wife rides about 6 times a year. She enjoys it when she does go, just rarely feels like it. But she likes horses, which is huge. Just doesn't feel a great desire to RIDE them. OTOH, if one gets sick or hurt, her RN side kicks in and she'll cheerfully tend the injured horse a half-dozen times a day. Figure I ought to be glad for that!

Alsosusieq2 and billz like this.