Human Or Horse Shampoo?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by jojozwiebel, Nov 10, 2017.

?

Do you prefer using human shampoo and conditioner or using horse shampoo and conditioner?

1. Human

30.8%
  2. Horse

7.7%
  3. Whatever Is Available

38.5%
  4. Doesn't Matter

23.1%
  1. jojozwiebel

jojozwiebel Full Member

I posted a topic in the grooming thread but I'd like to take a poll.

This can be for either yourself or animals and please explain if you would. Thanks!

I'm trying to decide whether purchasing actual horse shampoo and conditioner is better for my horse, specifically maintaining/growing out his tail.

2. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

I have horse shampoo somewhere, but I dont give bathes that often so to me it really doesnt matter. Baby shampoo is what I use on them usually

3. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

I use Herbal Essences on long manes and tails. And coconut oil. Which is also my regime!

4. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

I use God's shampoo.

Rain.

:rofl:

Loona, Arem and Friesiangirl like this.
  5. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I use ez-all because I’ve gotten lazy. Spray on, spray off, done.

6. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

I will use whatever I have on hand including dish soap. I'm not picky. Like right now I only have "Just for Men" shampoo. Went to the Dr smelling like a guy. Which is better than smelling like the barn. At least I was clean, lol.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

I LOVED Ez-All when I had four horses! I used to tie them in an assembly line and shampoo "down the line". By the time I was done with the fourth horse, I could go back to the first horse wash him by hand in his face and nether area, repeat that down the line, then rinse everyone, then squeegee, put fly mask on and turn out to pasture.

My two remaining horses sweat horrible during the summer and one horse has environmental allergies. They get showered every night and shampooed 1-2 times a month during the summer. I use some type of iodine/aloe shampoo and also MalAcetic which is medicated.

As I commented in the other thread, I now use equine Vetrolin shampoo on my hair and don't plan on using human shampoo ever again:)

8. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I use a pet shampoo I get cheap because my BFF works there. $20 for a gallon, and it's NICE. I use it on Freddie, and myself too.

9. JStorry

JStorry Senior Member

I have a yellow horse complete with what's supposed to be a white mane and take. I use purple shampoo on the mane and tail, dish soap on the rest.

10. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

I use whatever I have on hand for the horses. Right now I have both horse and human shampoo in the barn