how to hang ribbons

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rebelbabe, Aug 16, 2009.

1. rebelbabe

rebelbabe Senior Member

i have over 50 ribbons id like to hang up on my wall in my room, but im trying to find strong wire to put them on. My mom used light string/yard but it is not strong enough! the whole thing fell!:no:
    And I need to know what kind of hooks to get. thanks guys!

2. sorrell

sorrell Senior Member+

You can get a two by four and varnish it and hang it on the wall and string photo hanging wire on it for the ribbons. I usually hung mine on looped cord hanging from the ends of my wall shelves. A thing flat piece of cardboard works okay too, but it gets raged over time.

3. rileynbob

rileynbob Senior Member

chicken wire works great if you dont mind the look of it until you get it all covered up

4. canine46

canine46 Senior Member

get a roll of picture hanger wire and some hooks. picture hanger wire comes in larger rolls, strong doesn't need to be huge, eye screw in one corner go to wherever you want on the other wall, stretch wire and hang ribbons by the hooks on back of ribbons, my room was covered wall to wall and across the ceiling. no failure problem even with tons of chanmpion large ribbons on them. easy and cheap

5. EVnMo

EVnMo Full Member

i have my ribbons up on the wale and i just folded up the hook on the back of the ribbon on then put push pins the ones that stick away from the wall on hung them on that you just have to make sure that they are even

6. Huntseat

Huntseat Senior Member+

I have mine hung on picture wire strung across the top of my windows/closet doors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. QHGirl

QHGirl Senior Member+

Another idea - Pins, like stick pins... they leave little to no damage to wall AND easy to hang up anywhere!

8. Seein'Spots

Seein'Spots Senior Member+

fishing line...:wink:

9. Chasin_3_Cans08

Chasin_3_Cans08 Senior Member

As Tacky as it sounds my sister hung hers with Twine, It looked really good in a countryish themed room.