How to get potassium without eating bananas!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CONTA, Dec 9, 2009.

1. CONTA

CONTA Senior Member+

I tend to get a lot of foot cramps and calf cramps while I'm trainging for ground sparring and I was told to eat bananas for the potassium. Only problem? I HATE BANANAS! So I've been choking down one to two a day, but my god, they are NASTY!

What else can I eat instead of bananas? Please help me! :)

2. MissKitty

MissKitty Senior Member+

3. Kicks

Kicks Senior Member+

Pills - you can get them in any health store or pharmacy. Do not take more than recommended though as too much K (potassium) can be harmful just as too little.

4. clover91

clover91 Registered

I have a severe problem maintaning potassium, calcium and magnesium. My cramping got so bad a couple of years ago, my whole body seized up. Luckily the first time I was actually waiting for my Dr. appointment when it happened. They gave me liquid potassium that day and put me on a prescription for high powered potassium to pick up the next day. I seized up again on the way to the drugstore (luckily my husband was driving and called an ambulance.
    I have been on all 3 suppliments since then and have had no problems. You can get potassium right at the drugstore & over the counter. Mine just happens to be pretty heavy duty, and when I asked the druggist if I could just buy the over the counter stuff, she said with my problems I would have to take 1/2 the bottle every day.
    I would ask your doctor to maybe just run some tests to make sure of how much you are depleted. Leg cramps can come from many things.

5. thespa

thespa Senior Member

potatoes with all your favorite toppings...