1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured How much do you pay for a coggins test?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by cminor, Apr 3, 2008.

1. JBandRio

JBandRio Senior Member+

I think those of you paying $90 and more are getting royally ripped off!

Mine is $30.

2. fxtrottingpony

fxtrottingpony Senior Member+

If we take the horse to the vet it's $24 (I think). If she comes to us add a $25 farm call.

We just had the vet come to us and pull Coggins on 7 horses, all shots on 6 and check the leg of one. Total was $500. I thought that was about right.

I must say I love our vet. If there is something OTC we can use she will tell us before giving us the expensive stuff.

Dana

3. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

my one vet is $23 with trip charge, but my gelding is being boarded for 2 months ( indoor arena ) and their vet was $20 for the coggins, plus $5 call charge. Since my gelding is the only one that goes anywhere and needs one, he's the only one i do.

I wish they would do away with Coggins, as it's ONLY truly accurate for the minute that they draw the blood, yet the test results are good for a whole year! i know here in MN, i rarely, if ever hear of any positives.

4. CowGirlUp1833

CowGirlUp1833 Senior Member+

$25. We always get them done with spring shots....

5. doodlebug

doodlebug Full Member

$24 plus a $50 fee for coming out here but since I have needed to have the vet out for one thing or another every year I just do it then if it's close enough to the due date

6. Narmowen

Narmowen Senior Member

$40 for the farm call (he's primarily a small animal vet), $18 for the coggins itself.

7. Amber.Molly

Amber.Molly Senior Member+

Maybe a silly question... but what exactly IS a coggins test?? We don't have to get them in Canada. . . and I'm really curious as to why there's a discrepency in pricing... mine will cost 130$ as compared to 18$

8. turnnburn2

turnnburn2 Full Member

$36 coggins $40 barn call or $20 to haul in

9. J13cowgirl

J13cowgirl Full Member

Hey,
    I pay $15. If i can wait for the vet to come out. Because then they can do it on the way to another place. If i need it right away, I have to pay another $15 for the call out.
    ~J

10. Solace

Solace Senior Member

I paid $21.50 for a the last coggins test I had done, which included the call out fee.