How Long Will my Toe Injury Last?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MysticRealm, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Shmee

Shmee Senior Member

I'm also in the "get it diagnosed" camp. That way you can make sure it heals correctly, and potentially avoid lifelong complications from it not doing so. I speak from personal experience with other types of injuries.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. MysticRealm

MysticRealm Senior Member

Thanks guys. I do think it's feeling better everyday. It's less stiff bending it lately and stuff. I will get it checked if it's still bothering me. I'll see if my first aid kit at work has tape.

3. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

Could be some kind of soft tissue injury too. I'm reasonably sure I sprained my finger in December... my steady eddy mare spooked, and because it was the steady eddy I was trotting down the street with no contact and paying no attention, so of course I promptly fell off like a rank beginner... In any case my finger ended up twisted in the rein as I tried to hold on to it, and it's still kind of not right if I move it a certain way... Of course, not that I ever got it looked at, because, as others have said, if there's no obvious deformity or excruciating pain, it's unlikely there's much to be done for it. Good luck, you're probably better off if it is a hairline fracture, that can heal better/faster than a bad sprain!

4. MysticRealm

Just an update on this silly toe!
    I'm fairly certain it's broken or dislocated or something. It still is fine in everyday life, but definitely still hurts if I stub it a bit or trying to 'make a fist' with it. Which it doesn't bend much (in fact, it may be getting less bendy haha)
    Pic 3 weeks after it happened
    [​IMG]

Pic from today at 6.5 weeks after it happened
    [​IMG]

I've been SUPER busy lately so haven't gotten the lab work done I need to before I go and see my doctor again so I haven't gotten it checked yet. Once I finally have some time I'll ask her when I have my other appointment.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Which one is it? I'm asking.. because I'm sitting here trying to bend both my big toes and there's no way I could get mine to ever do that like your left one-!! Wow, are you flexible. I've got terrible arthritis though. The one on the right looks a bit less flexible than mine, the arthritis is a pita for me. Boy, idk what you can do now.

mooselady likes this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I have visions of all readers trying to make fists of their feet, or maybe just me and @Alsosusieq2? Mine both look like your right, or even less bend..

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. MysticRealm

Really? haha. To clarify it's the right toe that's possibly broken.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I know-!! I had a mental picture of it too. She'd have died laughing watching me try to figure out why my stupid feet couldn't do that. I've never seen anyone be able to do that, pretty cool actually-!!

mooselady likes this.