1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

How Long Will my Toe Injury Last?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MysticRealm, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Shmee

Shmee Senior Member

I'm also in the "get it diagnosed" camp. That way you can make sure it heals correctly, and potentially avoid lifelong complications from it not doing so. I speak from personal experience with other types of injuries.

2. MysticRealm

MysticRealm Senior Member

Thanks guys. I do think it's feeling better everyday. It's less stiff bending it lately and stuff. I will get it checked if it's still bothering me. I'll see if my first aid kit at work has tape.

3. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

Could be some kind of soft tissue injury too. I'm reasonably sure I sprained my finger in December... my steady eddy mare spooked, and because it was the steady eddy I was trotting down the street with no contact and paying no attention, so of course I promptly fell off like a rank beginner... In any case my finger ended up twisted in the rein as I tried to hold on to it, and it's still kind of not right if I move it a certain way... Of course, not that I ever got it looked at, because, as others have said, if there's no obvious deformity or excruciating pain, it's unlikely there's much to be done for it. Good luck, you're probably better off if it is a hairline fracture, that can heal better/faster than a bad sprain!