How do you find clinics???

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Dona Worry, Dec 6, 2017 at 1:24 PM.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I was thinkimg it would be good to encourage Beth, Quest's new leasor, to go to some clinics to develop her skills.
    Then I thought it might be fun to go myself....

But, how on earth do you FIND a clinic??? Googling 'horse clinics near me' produced nothing at all. I don't have a lot of horsey friends on facebook, and the ones I do never mention clinics. How do you find a clinic???

2. Ziast

Ziast Senior Member

Horse groups on Facebook mostly. Search for Horse shows and clinics in your state and join the group.

3. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

Find a discipline or trainer. Then look at their website or association website for a schedule of clinics. Look on facebook pages that are specific to whatever you are aiming for.

There aren't just random horse clinics. Everything has a fundamental base to it starting with a trainer or a discipline.

CowCatcher likes this.
  4. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

I would look to see if you have some local horse facebook pages. for example, we have "Minnesota Horses", that has over 22,000 members.
    The local open show association is the "Western Saddle Club Association' and they have a facebook page, as well as a website with an "On Deck" section which lists shows, clinics, meetings, etc.

5. sherian

sherian Senior Member

websites/facebook pages for local general or discipline specific clubs, your provincial/state equine association, barns in the area that cater to the discipline
    google is unlikely unless you hit on a very specific search parameter