How do you feel about your job?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bellalou, Nov 7, 2018.

?

How do you feel about your job?

1. I love my job.

14 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. I hate my job.

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. I don't love it or hate it. It pays the bills.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I feel so fortunate to be doing something I love and that I'm passionate about. My job doesn't feel like a job to me - it's something I get up excited about doing.

I've had jobs I hated and jobs I didn't care one way or another about. And I've been lucky to have a couple of other jobs that I absolutely adored (road construction, snowmobile mechanic and greyhound training).

Got me wondering about how many people are truly happy in their job. Hopefully a lot.

lucky_pine, BluemoonOKy and Binca like this.
  2. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Eh.. I don't really love it, but I don't hate it. Though, I am ready to get out of the medical field.

Arem and bellalou like this.
  3. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

I love my job most of the time. I have had a few really difficult years but am hopeful things are on the upswing now. I am currently the Compliance Administrator in a large, privately run, adult male prison. I started out as a correctional officer 20 years ago, moved up to the rank of Captain, only the third female to make that rank in my state's history, and am now considered an administrator. We have had several changes of Warden, Assistant Wardens and Chief of Security over the last 6 years and all of that has been hard on me. It has been hard on all of the staff and the inmates.

I have worked a grueling schedule and am just now seeing the light of day. Two major 3 year certification audits this year, my main job responsibility, are now behind us and I can get back to normal, day-to-day work. I'm looking forward to a more normal schedule, less than 70 hours a week would be great!

4. Fire Chik

Fire Chik Senior Member

I love my job, but don't care for some of the politics that go along with it.
    I enjoy the judge I work for and the job that I actually do, if I could do without some of the overhead personnel or see them incorporate some much needed supervision and policy change I would be happier.

Baboo and bellalou like this.
  5. JinxedDream

JinxedDream Senior Member

I don't mind the actual work. But I hate the driving, going to the office, etc. It pays the bills.

Would rather be farming.

billz, BluemoonOKy and bellalou like this.
  6. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

Mostly love my job. Doesn't pay enough though... I sell ag chemicals. I do almost a million a year, but I'm on salary. I wish I was on commission!

7. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

As someone in the criminal law field, I admire people who can do that work. It's certainly something we need, and we need good, well-trained, dedicated people to do it.

And it's always great to see women making great strides in traditionally male-dominated fields. (y)

hamerface and equinitis like this.
  8. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I don't love it or hate it. There are other things I would rather do, but the money wouldn't be as good. It's the best fit for me and my family right now.

bellalou likes this.
  9. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

I am bored. I did love it but they changed some things and I lost a few tasks that I REALLY enjoyed. Now I'm exhausted from all the monotony. I have feelers out for a more meaningful job and I'm looking into a big career change as well. Time will tell if that works out.

10. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

I'm kind of in the same boat.

Loved it a couple of years ago but I'm bored now. I love the people I work with but it's the same sheet every day and I'm bored as all heck. Also constantly looking for something that will light my flame more. I'm used to a physical job and my job now is 70% desk work and I hate it. But it pays the bills and it's something.