How COLD in your neck of the woods tonight???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by paintedquarters, Jan 24, 2008.

1. paintedquarters

paintedquarters Senior Member

So how cold is it suppose to get in your neck of the woods???
    Let me tell you last night my thermometer said 5 at 10:00 pm last night and 2 early this morning.
    Well, tonight it is suppose to get down to 1 OMG that is just insane, and it is now snowing..... :no:

2. Huntseat

Huntseat Senior Member+

-6, with windchill at -18

3. Callie's Mom

Callie's Mom Senior Member+

wow, that is cold!

forecast calls for 37 and rain here in northern California... that's pretty darn cold for us!

4. HorseBliss

HorseBliss Senior Member+

Right now, about 30. On Sunday it was like 20, plus it was a bit windy. I think it was like 11 or somethin pretty early in the morning up at the barn. It was awful! It's slowly been starting to warm up though. Might be mid 40's by next week (with a chance rain and/or snow of course).

5. Peg D

Peg D Senior Member+

20 below zero tonight. Then we can get our shorts out cause this weekend we see above freezing ---------------- 30's and 40's.:woot!: Maybe the pipes in the barn will actually thaw out. We have spent the last 5 days on them to no avail. We currently do not have water for the herd. We have to hose it and tank it, our auto water is done.:mad:

6. shell

shell Senior Member+

It was 18 this am here in Washington.
    When we lived in New Hampshire it was not uncommon to get -20. So it is considerably warmer here in Wa then it was for us in NH. :wink:

7. Fox Glove

Fox Glove Senior Member+

Balmy here, Seven.

Paula

8. Ringo

Ringo Senior Member

Last night it got down to -20. Right now it's 3.

9. BklynCwgrl

BklynCwgrl Senior Member+

We are actually having a real winter blizzard up here on my mountain in SoCal. We've accumulated between 6 and 8 inches...which, I know is no big deal to our brothers and sisters in the north and east but for us...it's a BLIZZARD. We couldn't get our cars up the driveway this morning so we had to stay home....poooooor us!!! We were finally able to move the trucks up the driveway in the hopes that tomorrow we might make it down the hill. The main road is clear...but it's getting to the main road (which isn't far) that's the problem. Our little sportscars just can't make it! LOL It will get into the 20's tonight so everything will freeze. Ain't life grand???

10. WR Fancy Dancer

WR Fancy Dancer Senior Member+

Right now it's about 25, just north of Boston, Massachusetts. A rather warm night, dare I say it (for fear of the blizzard monsters reading this and dropping it down to the teens, hehe).

Some of you have insanely cold weather...I think I'd curl up and die.

Makes me really appriciate where I am! ;)