Horse training questions

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Sassysarah123, Aug 8, 2017.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I had guess you'd ridden 4 times only~!!

:rofl:

You don't need to prove what you know. A year and a half is all that's passed so far. :D

Sassysarah123 likes this.
  2. Sassysarah123

Sassysarah123 Full Member

I know! I'm still learning so much!
    00q0q_1vMDuygplZA_1200x900.jpg
    Heres a pic of me riding

SparkleDust and manesntails like this.
  3. Sassysarah123

Video of me riding.
    Please dont dislike my video!
    You don't have to like it but please don't give me a dislike!

4. slc

slc Senior Member

But on your youtube channel you're advertising yourself as a horse trainer.

I watched your riding videos on your youtube channel. You plainly state that you are a horse trainer.

Suggestion: take that video down. It's dishonest and kind of embarrassing.

In the bareback video, you are staying in the middle of the horse. But again, same comments as below. A lot to learn yet.

At this point, you're a passenger. You say yeehaw and the horse lopes around. There is more to learn than that.

You seem to like to ride, it looks like you sort of know how to post the trot but don't know which diagonal to use most of the time. You don't seem to know how to steer or get a horse balanced, or how to deal with anything like mild spooking. It's a good thing the horses you ride are really quiet and laid back.

I don't think you realize how quiet and forgiving those horses are most of the time.

You're not ready to break a young horse. Most of all, you need some better riding lessons. And to listen to the instructor and do what he or she tells you.

You have potential, as do all young kids who like to ride. But you need to develop some respect for people who are trainers and have knowledge, and you need to start understanding how much there is to learn. You say you're learning here, but that video on your channel still states you're a horse trainer and is soliciting for business, so your humbleness on this bb doesn't match up with what you claim on youtube.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    GotaDunQH likes this.
  5. Sassysarah123

Yeah, I took it down

ginster likes this.
  6. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

Haha when I first joined here I told someone who had a horse with pain issues to 'show him who's boss!' because my mom told me that when my pony had a pony-tude lol. Same year I called the Chincoteague pony horse rescue and asked if a 2yo untrained rescue pony would be ok for a 13 yo to train on her own. :faint: They were a little annoyed.o_OYou don't look bad at all in your videos, and what's important is that you are enjoying your riding and learning and growing with each ride!

Sassysarah123 likes this.
  7. Sassysarah123

Lol! This makes me feel better! Thanks for posting that!

Pony123 likes this.
  8. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

You've a lot of potential, get thee to a good riding instructor and learn all you can.

ginster and Sassysarah123 like this.
  9. Sassysarah123

Thanks! Yeah, I'm going to be taking lessons soon!

10. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

The best thing you can stop doing is keeping hold on the horse's mouth. Give rein, steer with your body, at slow speeds, walk first, then later, trot. Horses are followers, they want the least cue possible and you just need to look where you are going: look right when you want the horse to walk right.

You'll find, with a little practice, the horse will do it. Use rein to “help“ turn the horse, not as your first cue. When you want to stop, stop riding and shift your weight onto your hips. Practice this all at a walk with your horse, later, when the horse is reliably following your body at walk, practice it at trot, then lope. You will find less need for rein, the horse will be happier and he'll stop dropping his head to pull rein from your hand.

And drop your stirrups a hole. Your knees are too far forward, which puts you in a chair seat. Your hip heel and shoulder should all be in a line.

Now go ride.

Sassysarah123 and Alsosusieq2 like this.