1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Horse STUCK in trailer window! (scary video) Post 38

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by ILoveRedRanger!, Sep 9, 2011.

1. shebsheb1137

shebsheb1137 Senior Member

I have SEEN a horse try jumping through the itty-bitty window in a straight load trailer. (the old ones, not fancy new ones) and he got stuck between the hay manger and the top of the trailer with one leg sticking out of the trailer... He never liked trailers, and never will. So yeah it does happen ALOT. If i have seen it with my own eyes, then it must.

2. mftowner06

mftowner06 Senior Member

That's true...

3. ILoveRedRanger!

ILoveRedRanger! Senior Member+

That's exactly what I was thinking. If I was in that situation I would have probably done the same thing. I'm not saying it's right but that's what you have to work with.

4. Inspiration

Inspiration Senior Member

I was at a show where almost the same thing happened...it was insanely hot that day so the owners opened up the trailer windows the whole way and a large pony mare I believe decided that she wanted out. It was very scary, they stopped the show for a while until so many people came over that it was no help anymore, and then they started the show again to clear out all the people over at the trailers, it was just scaring the pony. They took her backwards instead of forwards though, it seemed to work better...

5. Mozarts_Girl

Mozarts_Girl Senior Member+

Oh wow.. how absolutely horrible. A friend of mine recently put up a picture of her horse hanging it's entire head neck and nearly shoulders out the window up on facebook. This was a picture taken from behind while they were driving. Passing traffic would have CREAMED that horse, killed her. SO easily. And the desc. was "Aww look at my baby girl! So cute! She's like a dog!"

Stupidest thing I've ever seen. I think I'll show her this video.. I personally ALWAYS keep bars up. Not even just the screen, they can be broken too easily. Call me paranoid, but I have a silly filly that enjoys rocking the trailer like a cradle.. I'm sure if she had the option, she would jump out the window too.

6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

How come I signed in to face book and it still says the video is unavailable?

I wanna seeeeeeee~!! :bawling:

7. ILoveRedRanger!

ILoveRedRanger! Senior Member+

Even if passing traffic somehow magically misses decapitating her, what about flying debris? I know that whenever I stick my arm out the window it gets hit by little rocks and bugs. Could you imagine what would happen if a bug hit her in the eye? OUCH! You need to show her this video!

8. Chester

Chester Senior Member

For those like me who aren't on facebook.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  9. Asfaloth

Asfaloth Senior Member

I jsut watched it and it was fine. You probably need to be logged in to facebook in order to see it.

10. High Tide

High Tide Senior Member

Its very possible that the bars were up and the mare hit it some home like reared got her foot up there and out came the rest of her.
    My gelding will open the bars on my horse trailer luckly its a smaller window and theres no way he could stick his head threw it instead he sticks his nose out and flips it around. I always stop as soon as I can to shut it sometimes he opens it back up and sometimes he doesnt