Horse Books

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Ifellinlovewithahorse, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Ifellinlovewithahorse

Ifellinlovewithahorse Full Member

So about a year ago I won a book at a horse camp. After I read it I lent it to my friend. She then lost it, and I can't remember the title. I need the book for a school project, so I was hoping one of you guys would know what it is called. It is about a therapeutic riding barn that gives lessons to children from troubled homes. I believe each chapter is a story about a different kid who came to the barn. It is based on an actual barn and the kids that went there. Also I believe the cover was either green or blue. Thanks in advance!

2. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

3. Ifellinlovewithahorse

4. CJ

CJ Senior Member

[​IMG] "Riding Chance" the Work to Ride story? Its more inner city kid/s than therapeutic tho. "worse than any juvenile detention he can imagine-he's "sentenced" to the local city stables where he's made to take care of horses."

5. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

It kind of sounds a little bit like the Crystal Peak Ranch books, written by one of the owners. Its a rescue that also works with kids (many of them are troubled) and it is very much a story and the chapters are about the different participants- human and otherwise- stories.
    https://www.amazon.com/Hope-Rising-...739436864/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Probably not quite the book you are looking for though...

6. Ifellinlovewithahorse

I think that’s it! Thank you so much.