1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Homemade saddle rack storage/barn ideas

Discussion in 'Forum Contests' started by 1rish, Mar 9, 2005.

1. 1rish

1rish Senior Member+

Thought it might be neat to start a post on easy things to do around the barn with pictures of the finished product.
    Our barn was already built when we moved in so I had to adjust and make things fit.
    My first idea was to make my own saddle rack that could be removed when not in use and would air out those wet saddle blankets without having to remove them from the saddle but would still give the saddle support. Using 4X4 posts, an eye hook, a regular hook and those square wire panels that you get to make those cube shelves I made some great saddle racks. And the best part is when not in use you just unhook them from the wall.
    I also found that for pennies you can drill holes in the sheetrock of your tackroom and stick those wood pegs directly to the wall, they are great for hanging those little things that always end up in the way. And finally, I didnt like the look of using portable panel gates as stall doors so I cut boards, painted them and mounted them with self tapping screws directly to the panel to dress it up a bit. Then added bannister railing to the tops of the stalls to dress it up. Then it was just a matter of picking colors and painting them to match!

Attached Files:

2. Paintlover

Paintlover Banned

Cool! Thanks a bunch.

3. 1rish

1rish Senior Member+

OOPS! I just realized I put that in the wrong forum! Can someone please move it? Sorry =(

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  4. 1rish

1rish Senior Member+

Sorry, this isnt a contest I should have put it in General

5. amysmoney

amysmoney Senior Member

very cool ideas, and smart thinking.:)

6. Huntseat123

Huntseat123 Senior Member

don't worry, the mods will be on to switch it