Hicaliber rescue...smells like a scam

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by BluemoonOKy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

Oh there's nothing wrong with eating horse testicles. I'll admit I probably wouldn't however.

What I have a problem with is the sharing on a video just to get a rise out of people. That's distasteful (pun intended:D).

I don't appreciate when people systematically enjoy making others angry just to make them angry. It's a personality trait or learned trait and I can't stand it. I had a close friend that would do that. Make you angry just so she could point and laugh at your emotions. I won't allow people to play with my emotions or to make me feel less then for having them. This lady sounds like quite a trip.

Though, euthanasia isn't a bad idea for quite a few rescue horses. Especially in my area. They are often in very rough shape. Would be cheaper to put them down and use the extra funds for horses that are worth adopting out.

2. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Oh, I'm in complete agreement with you. Yeah, I'd be looking at cluster B disorders if I had to deal with her; then I wouldn't want to be anywhere around her. Life is too short.

I agree, euthanasia should be viewed as a solid alternative but a good rescue would have protocols in place to evaluate when it's appropriate. Offering euthanasia clinics is good. Having a checklist for when a horse should be put down (and spending many thousands on one to the detriment of the others is legit) is good. But everyone should be kept informed, up front. She's shady.

Puddincup and Circle C like this.
  3. waresbear

waresbear Senior Member

Horse hoarders and idiots who donated money to it. They trashed the place, skipped out on rent and idiots still donate money!

secuono, CoffeeBean and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. Tige Ress

Tige Ress Full Member

Is this the group that rented a farm, trashed it and it was difficult for the owner to get them out? If so, follow his saga on fb.

Also, if it is the same woman, she as a new scam, Alpha Mare, LLC.

secuono likes this.
  5. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Yes, same woman and yes, I think I posted the link to the filing for AlphaMare, LLC on the other thread. Michelle Cochran Knutilla used the address of the place she had trashed for the past four years when she filed the LLC with the state.

Rescue in CA ousted by Hi Caliber Rescue!

6. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Makes you want to vomit to see what Michelle did to the horses and the place. I don't know when the cheese slid off of her cracker, but probably shortly after she landed that beautiful place and proceeded to think she was above the law.

"In addition, three former board members told inewsource they never saw HiCaliber’s financials during their tenure. One submitted a complaint to the Internal Revenue Service. Another, a veterinarian, is working with the California Veterinary Medical Board in its investigation."

HiCaliber donor funds used for mobile phone spying, Weight Watchers; documents shared with district attorney

secuono likes this.
  7. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

8. Tige Ress

Tige Ress Full Member

I have been following his daily fb posts. It is disgusting what she did to the animals and the houses on the property.

CoffeeBean likes this.
  9. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

So I stumbled over another site discussing HiCaliber - it's 79 pages of posts. Check out the one on page 79 about Ms. Knutilla pulling a handgun on a former volunteer (Rhianna Huppert) and in the presence of her 9 year old son. Plus details about the videos and what was found in the refrigerators, freezers, etc.

I can't begin to imagine how the owners of the property feel about what happened there to the animals at that site, to their property, to the happy memories they had of the place before HiCaliber laid waste to it.

I don't know when HiCaliber became one of the worst. Maybe they were all along. I'm nowhere near them and didn't follow them beyond what I found years ago when GlideRide brought them up. I happen to know that GlideRide is nowhere near them either. It's easier to con people from a distance. I'm really glad they're shut down now. I hope that the owners win their case, are awarded money, collect the money and those responsible for the horror show go to jail too.

Sketchy Rescue Skeptics - Page 79

Tige Ress likes this.
  10. waresbear

waresbear Senior Member

Not that I feel sorry for Travis Fox & his gf, they have their own cultish scammy type gig going.