Hicaliber rescue...smells like a scam

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by BluemoonOKy, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

Oh there's nothing wrong with eating horse testicles. I'll admit I probably wouldn't however.

What I have a problem with is the sharing on a video just to get a rise out of people. That's distasteful (pun intended:D).

I don't appreciate when people systematically enjoy making others angry just to make them angry. It's a personality trait or learned trait and I can't stand it. I had a close friend that would do that. Make you angry just so she could point and laugh at your emotions. I won't allow people to play with my emotions or to make me feel less then for having them. This lady sounds like quite a trip.

Though, euthanasia isn't a bad idea for quite a few rescue horses. Especially in my area. They are often in very rough shape. Would be cheaper to put them down and use the extra funds for horses that are worth adopting out.

2. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

Oh, I'm in complete agreement with you. Yeah, I'd be looking at cluster B disorders if I had to deal with her; then I wouldn't want to be anywhere around her. Life is too short.

I agree, euthanasia should be viewed as a solid alternative but a good rescue would have protocols in place to evaluate when it's appropriate. Offering euthanasia clinics is good. Having a checklist for when a horse should be put down (and spending many thousands on one to the detriment of the others is legit) is good. But everyone should be kept informed, up front. She's shady.

Puddincup and Circle C like this.