Hi! New (old) member from Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by horsegal98, May 28, 2018.

1. horsegal98

horsegal98 Registered

Just went to start an account, and found that I already have one! So I'm a new (old) member.
    I am Mel, and am from Australia. I live about two hours from Sydney. Our main discipline is showing. I have a thoroughbred mare, who is my heart horse. She is spelling after getting a life threatening case of cellulitis over Easter. I am hoping she will be able to be ridden again eventually. I am not a confident rider though I have been riding all of my life, and I really 'got' her. Not looking forward to starting again with a strange horse. In the meantime, I am busying myself with the standardbreds. They are perfect horses for the kids to use as they are big enough that I can work them myself, but quiet and calm enough for children and a nervous nellie adult!
    We have three standardbred mares, all bay. They have all come directly from trainers. One I broke my myself last year and my kids compete her/we show in breed classes. One is awaiting me breaking her, and the other is spelling after a pedal bone injury from racing.
    My little ones have a shetland which we are leasing who they do pony club and showing with.

Can't wait to get to know you all!

Attached Files:

Alsosusieq2, Alyssa Hughes and DelP like this.
  2. Alyssa Hughes

Alyssa Hughes Senior Member+

:tiphat: Hello! I am new myself and have found everyone very helpful, nice, and honest!

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Wonderful to meet you horsegal 98, Susie here. :) If you had an old account, just ask to have it looked up how to get into it. At the bottom right corner of this page is an envelope icon - just click on it, explain and they'll fix you up straight away. We're not to have two accounts, so they'll fix it for you.

Standardbreds you say.. you'll fit in her perfectly then. ;) Many members have them and a couple used to train at the track. So glad to have you here to add another Standi fan to the pack. ;)

Welcome to the forum - :tiphat: