Here's my girl!

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by NikkiBlaze14, Feb 28, 2017.

1. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

I mean I definitely do my homework when it comes to conformation but Im definitely not that gifted to be able to see that and think much of it. That's probably why her trot is so off and extremely bouncy. I haven't ever noticed it looking any bigger than the other side and I've never seen her actually favor it. She will w/t/c just fine, she just is very fast.

Anything I should not do with her? Her previous owner used to jump her but it was only in 4h. They never experienced her being lame at all.

Spoopy_Doopy_Potato likes this.
  2. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Wait I've been looking at the pics back and forth...Is the right hock (bone) later than the left? I think I see that.

manesntails likes this.
  3. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

Gorgeous girl. Proper care is written all over that mare. She's super sturdy, has a lovely coat, and just shines in general.

4. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Awww thank you!!! I do adore her stinky butt. She's very sweet and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Spoopy_Doopy_Potato and RelaxMax like this.
  5. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Manes, is there anything you suggest? Magnetic hock boot, warm/cold hock boot? Supplement? She doesn't show any other issues other than the head thing, but I'd rather be on it before anything else starts.

Spoopy_Doopy_Potato likes this.
  6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Yeah, stop taking her in small circles. If my arm wasn't so bunged up I would have gotten onto you about that in the other thread. :D
    It's in the turns that the horse wants to turn their head out. She doesn't need round penning. She doesn't need lunging.
    She's not a filly she's broke to death and has been since she was three.

The hock has fused long ago. Mares are kept, if they have a desirable bloodline, for breeding. She was most likely bred a few times and the hock fused during that time. Or, if she wasn't, she wouldn't settle, she still had time in a pasture for the hock to fuse.
    The Waterford isn't a bad idea. Try it if you can borrow one. Keeping both hocks warm always is beneficial with joints on old horses. She is what she is. She wants to be a trail horse.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  7. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Lol well to my defense, we don't have an actual 'round pen' it's a much larger corral type so she isn't in a small circle. I usually free lunge her so she can get rid of energy because they aren't out to pasture yet and are only in that corral for a few hrs a day.
    She's definitely a good horse and loves the trails!

8. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Keep her turned out for at least a few hours before you ride, then walk and get her warmed up before you do faster work. Don't lunge her. She never lunged in race training. You hook'em to the cart, get on, walk them to the track and jog.

NikkiBlaze14 likes this.
  9. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

Wow maybe I need to show you my boys legs and scares and maybe you can give me a clue as to what happened to him.

manesntails likes this.
  10. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Great! Thanks for all your help!! I hate lunging anyway (y)

manesntails likes this.