1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured Here's my girl!

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by NikkiBlaze14, Feb 28, 2017.

1. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

This post is mostly because manes wanted to see pics of her so that's why I'm showing her here. Here ya go!
    She's 18yrs young, she was is an ex pacer and sometimes will still break into a pace if there is a nice long straight away on trail. She has no soundness issues, very sturdy girl and very sweet. Tons of energy and very fast.

Attached Files:

2. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

And a couple more...

Attached Files:

Barrelracer318 likes this.
  3. seaecho

seaecho Senior Member

Can't find much not to like! Nice, deep heartgirth, decent shoulder (could be laid back a little more), withers set well back, loin might be a little weak, but nice hindquarters! She looks pretty balanced to me, with good bone, and I like her hock angle. Has she had any foals? Her back looks good for an 18 yr. old mare.

Alsosusieq2 and NikkiBlaze14 like this.
  4. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Wow thank you!! I appreciate your kind words! I was afraid to post her and have her ripped apart...Which may still happen but Im glad you are fond of how she looks! I adore her myself! I'm pretty sure she has foaled but I'm not 100 percent on that. I can find out through to previous owners.

5. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Right hind hock shows past injury and the leg itself, from the rear view is crooked. There's your turning head to outside to load the inside of the hock and not the damaged outside of it.

Alsosusieq2 and NikkiBlaze14 like this.
  6. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Holy cow, that's amazing!!! What do you do that you can see such fine details like that?? So I wonder if that's what ended her racing career. So you think she is sore on the outside and that's why she's doing that??

7. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Yep. Crooked, but for basic trail riding she should be fine. Thanks for posting, she's a cutie.

8. manesntails

It comes from analyzing horses legs on the track for over 20 years.
    She is probably arthritic and stiff from scar tissue and calcification in the hock.

9. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

I've noticed it was always a it crooked myself but never thought it was from an Injury. So I'm just asking because I can't seem to comprehend...What does turning her head and neck out do? Release pressure on something?

Spoopy_Doopy_Potato likes this.
  10. manesntails

She's just built crooked so that will, with speed work, automatically load that joint unevenly, which then, in turn, leads to injury. That's why conformation is so dang important when choosing a horse.

When a horse turns its head away from center, at speed, it tells you that it is re-loading that leg for comfort.

NikkiBlaze14 likes this.