Henry’s Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by CarlisleChipper, Jan 25, 2019.

1. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

He's so cute. I really enjoy reading your updates about him.

2. CarlisleChipper

CarlisleChipper Senior Member+

3. CarlisleChipper

I should be getting his show cooler back! I had sent it to a local person to get it embroidered. What do you think?
    I’ll have to get a mesh one for the hot summer months.
    B315C050-063A-46FE-B3BB-3E16E54A4F07.png A3716127-CF7B-4D27-953B-8A3EDDA2FB28.jpeg B3E04AA7-8CFE-4BC6-ADE2-60C5F4A9D829.jpeg

4. CarlisleChipper

Henry is sound as of today. We had a dressage lesson and he was great! Haven’t ridden in a week and a half and he was no different than the last time he was ridden!
    Henry sees the farrier today, one of his favorite people.
    DE06FBAA-C9FD-4316-86F5-172CB52C63CA.jpeg FED5A4F2-D258-4901-BAA7-86EFF39DBB64.jpeg 5A4C9F32-BE43-47A9-B7C1-4F1318D205E6.jpeg
    Henry’s right front, negative 5 degree palmar angle and underrun heels, plus you can see the remnants of his injury from last week. He gets bar shoes and 2 degree wedge pads. Will get xrays to assess angles in April.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. CarlisleChipper

We finally went cross country schooling today at a new place!!! He was so amazing. Not spooky at all! We were able to practice going down center line with the judges box right there which he was looky about but eventually got over it. That will come in very handy on Saturday when we do our test. (Intro C 2015) We went out cross country and I was expecting him to be fresh (bucking flash backs) since this was his second day back after being off for more than 10 days. Especially since we didn’t warm up in an arena we just went straight out there. We did big trot circles and then canter circles. It was a lot less intimidating being on a a flat surface in a HUGE field, much bigger than normal barn. We could gallop way too fast and out of control but it didn’t trigger my anxiety so I was able to use that opportunity to work on myself which in turn helped him (because it’s always rider error!) I felt tremendous improvement with that. Then we moved on to some small jumps, nothing bigger than what would be at our green as grass test. Ok that’s a lie but I’ll get to that later. He was so good, jumped everything without fear or balking, no rushing or running. I had my running martingale on but it’s too big everywhere (even in a cob size!) so I took the martingale piece off. Didn’t make a difference. We don’t need it when I don’t haul on his face (imagine that). Going out today was a huge confidence booster I learned so much and am starting to feel like a real eventer! I learned how to jump down a hill SUPER FUN, how to go up and down a bank AWESOME! So going back to what we did that was more complex than what will be on the test, my trainer brought me to the in and out complex. It was a triangular box around 3 trees that was completely enclosed but you could jump in and out of it in either 1 2 or 3 strides depending on where you entered. Henry ate it up and loved it, no questions asked he got it! Soooo fun. Can’t wait to go back! Here is my only picture I got, from my Equilab app. Hard to get photos or video when we are both on our horses with gloves on.
    41EAF25C-6BB8-46CF-9F42-2386C2735BED.jpeg

NBChoice and Alsosusieq2 like this.