Help me write an email!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Dona Worry, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Simple, to the point, thank goodness for 4-H!

DelP likes this.
  2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

I agree, go meet her.
    She sounds like a horsewoman in the making.
    I think it is pretty impressive for a 12 yo to successfully start a youngster.
    Plus - she has on hand guidance from a trainer.
    Look at her horse, at how she handles herself around him. If you like what you see, have her come visit Quest and his Galaxy Mom.

3. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Do they do production in your 4-H out there?
    This exactly. I mean... it's 4-H... 4-H is for kids. At 10, my mom bought me a yearling from the sale barn. I did all her training. She is in her late 20's now and still had a top 10 this year at the 4-H state show. She has placed at the state show every year since I sold her when she was 15. It's not surprising to me that a 12 yr old is a good hand. :)

4. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

They have some sort of shown this weekend, but probably next week sometime I'll drive over and meet her and her horse.

ginster likes this.
  5. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

THE FOLLOW UP:
    I have the lease form, which is the basic VT 4-H form. BUT it suggests attaching stipulations, which is smart.
    But, I am really struggling how to word what I want.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In no particular order I wold like to clarify:
    I am in charge of all of all expenses for Quest--Board (which is minimal 'cause BO wants this to work out for the girl and knows her family barely has two beans) grain, vet bills, entry fees, farrier work, health papers, etc etc. This will necessarily include emergency vet costs.
    The ONLY minor that should have access to him is the girl leasing him, unless specifically given permission from not only me but the parents of the minor AND the BO.
    He is not to be saddled, bridled, mounted, sat upon, backed, or ridden by anyone, for any reason, at any time.
    I am not liable for any injury he causes to anyone.
    Leasor is responsible for maintaining his regular trimming schedule, ensuring he gets sufficient turnout (minimum of 10 hours a day unless the weather is truly horrendous) and that he is fed his regular diet of (almost) free choice hay and RB x daily, (she helps out the BO in exchange for lessons and reduced board of her own horse, so this is already going to be part of her normal duties) allowing sufficient notice for me to schedule his required shots etc, for filling out entry forms in a timely fashion, and for assuring he is mentally and physically ready for shows.

6. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Basically, I pay for everything, she is in charge of seeing that it gets done. I am struggling with how to word that in a contract.

7. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

"Owner will provide all feed and supplements and Leaser will provide to Equine in the amount and schedule specified by Owner."
    "Owner will be responsible for routine vet and farrier care and Leaser will be responsible to be onsite to handle Equine and ensure that his recommended care aligns with the recommendations of the Vet/Farrier and meets the Owner's approval"
    "Leaser agrees that Equine is to be handled in-hand only and is not to be saddled, bridled, sat on or ridden in any capacity."
    "Equine is to be handled by Leaser, Barn Owner and Owner only, unless written consent is provided by Owner and supervised by Barn Owner."

Put it in point form with a space for the Leaser and her Guardian to initial each one, with a space to print and sign their names at the bottom.

8. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Thank you! I don't know why I was having so much trouble with this, but you saved my sanity!

9. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

Make sure you get a liability release for injury for the handler by her Gaurdian

ginster likes this.