Help me write an email!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Dona Worry, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Ok, I tacked 'in hand' onto the first bit, and sent it out! So, now the Extention lady needs to pass it along and then...
    We wait.

froglander likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Good luck, I think your email is fine as is personally. :)

Dona Worry likes this.
  3. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

I would also make up a contract for if you find someone, stating they are not to try and ride him under any circumstances. That way it is in writing in case of anything

D_BaldStockings and Dona Worry like this.
  4. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Gelding! Did you say he is a gelding? Might make a difference for a junior handler to know he is no longer a stallion.

Good Luck!

D_BaldStockings and Dona Worry like this.
  5. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

. . . . .
    I'm going to go send a follow-up email now. . .

equinitis and ginster like this.
  6. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

As I was sending that he was a gelding, I realized I never added his location either, so I reminded her where I live (not that I need to, she lives in the same town!) and this is what she sent back, and has now sent out to the local 4-H leaders!

AVAILABLE FOR FREE LEASE

Name: Quest

Location: My town, but could be moved to an approved location.
    DOB: 9/15/16
    Breed: Grade, Appendix type.
    Current height: 14hh
    Cost: Free lease, owner to pay for routine medical care, maintenance, and show entry fees. If applicable, board can be negotiated.

Quest is a friendly and quiet yearling looking for a handler for the 2018 show season! He is for in-hand showing only at this time. He has been handled since birth, and knows the basics of leading, tying, and trailering. He has been on an age-appropriate worming schedule and hoof care every six weeks. He has had no formal training, but is social, smart, and ready to learn!
    His ideal handler would be an older member, one with experience handling young or green horses, and preferably with an experienced mentor on-site.
    COntact info and stuff here.

7. DelP

DelP Senior Member

Have you found a leasing contract you like yet?

8. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Nah, I haven't even looked for one.

9. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Man, I have ALREADY had a few inquiries. . . And one girl has already caught my interest, but idk, this seems like am impossible thing.

Most promising girl has been riding consistently for 6, 7 years, last three under the care and instruction of the leader who messaged me. Sent me photos of her riding (which I will NOT share, she is a minor) and she looks to me like a poised and confident rider. . . Smiling in every single photo, except the one caught mid-spook. Her parents bought her an unstarted younger horse last winter, and she has successfully started him under saddle with guidance, but doing the work herself. She looks to be a decent sized girl too-- hard to tell, but at least 5'6", 5'7", and has an athletic and sturdy build.
    The catch?

She's 12.

And I just don't KNOW. That seems young.
    The other prospects that have appeared are 15, 16 and 17. . . But none of them have had a horse to start from scratch before, and one has only been riding a year.

THIS IS REALLY HARD.

And it's the first night, I wasn't expecting anything for a week or two at least, seems like most 4-H meetings around here happen around the first of the month. Geez.

10. DelP

DelP Senior Member

LOL! I figured you'd hear back quick. That is why I asked if you had a contract yet.
    Is the 12yo close? Can you go and meet her and meet the horse she started?

I took a quick peak and here is the base 4h lease form for VT (I think that is your State, if not Sorry!)
    http://www.uvm.edu/extension/youth/...kpackets14/horse14/equinelease14_fillable.pdf

Pay attention to the suggested stipulation section. It is a good list of what you'll want to include.