Help me write an email!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Dona Worry, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I bumped into the 4-H extension person, got talking about Quest, mentioned I haven't had any luck finding anyone to show him next year, and she said "Oh, send me a write up about him tomorrow, I'll email it to the leaders in the county, there is probably a member or two looking for a fun project!"
    SO.

Help me with this email!!!

This is what I have so far:

AVAILABLE FOR FREE LEASE

Name: Quest
    DOB: 9/15/16
    Breed: Grade, Appendix type.
    Current height: 14hh
    Cost: Free lease, owner to pay for routine medical care, maintenance, and show entry fees. If applicable, board can be negotiated.
    Quest is a friendly and quiet yearling looking for a handler for the 2018 show season! He has been handled since birth, and knows the basics of leading, tying, and trailering. He has been on an age-appropriate worming schedule and hoof care every six weeks. He has had no formal training, but is social, smart, and ready to learn!
    His ideal handler would be an older member, one with experience handling young or green horses, and preferably with an experienced mentor on-site.

Please call, text, or email Dona Worry for more information, all sorts of contact info here

wpgrider, GONE ROPING and Bebe like this.
  2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Sounds good just the way it is, Dona~!! (y)

3. AprilBride2012

AprilBride2012 Senior Member

I agree with Manes. You could add in a line, "Comes with fan club at myhorseforum.com" if you really wanted to. :)

4. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Hahaha noooo what if I need to complain about them, or run a background check on their entire family?!

5. foxtrot

foxtrot Senior Member

The only thing I can think to mention is that his feet need to be done on schedule, since neglected feet can really mess up a youngster. Other than that it looks great!

6. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

I would put In that he must be kept in an approved facilty.

7. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I thought about both of these, but I thought it made it too wordy, and made me sound like a crazy fussbudgie. I figured if I get any nibbles, I can cross that bridge when I come to it. . . There may even be someone so local he can just stay put. And since I am going to be responsible for his care, I should be able to keep tight control over his precious baby feet.

8. Shmee

Shmee Senior Member

Maybe specify if you mean in-hand showing.

9. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I'd THINK that would be obvious from his age. . . But I am sure that even though I wrote FREE in there twice, and LEASE in big letters, people are going to ask how much he costs, oh, and if he comes with papers!

10. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I would definitely specify in hand showing. People are morons. You never know.