Help me pick out a new Euro trailer!

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Baylily, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Which Trailer Would You Buy?

1. Bockmann Master

26.7%
  2. Bockmann Champion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Show Trek

33.3%
  4. Space Trek

13.3%
  5. Eclipse Euro

26.7%
  1. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

Shortenmyreins--

Thanks for taking the time to take nice pictures and explain everything! Our trailers are very similar!

Now that i've been towing it for some time these are my quibbles:

1. It is harder to hitch up than my Brenderup. The room for error and literal wiggle room is far less on the Boeckmann. Not a deal breaker, just means I have to be more accurate in reversing.

2. I don't love the hay net location, especially when towing two horses. I found a super XL hay net which was perfect for 2 horses who get along, but I don't like all the swaying. I may need to come up with a better solution to hang a hay bag.

3. Not a lot of room for a person forward of the chest bar on the tack storage side (and i'm not a big person!). I always bridle inside of the trailer before offloading, and with the XL hay net and tack compartment it is a little cumbersome to maneuver on the driver's side.

My horse loads awesome on to the trailer, though the first time she did stand around and sniff a lot (new trailer smell!). It is super bright, airy and inviting. I did try to pull down the back on one coolish morning, but she started to spook a little, so I just left it up, will need to work on that.

2. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Bay' on number one...a backup camera is your friend. Really. Best thing since carrots!

3. Heels Down

Heels Down Registered

I have been trying to locate the Ifor Williams dealer in Texas that you mentioned, but I haven't been able to find any info on them. If you know the dealer name or contact info, PLEASE share it with me!
    Thank you in advance!

4. Jim_in_PA

Heels Down likes this.
  5. Heels Down

Heels Down Registered

I did not see any USA distributors listed either, but hoped @kb1gra knew the name of the one in Texas mentioned in the post.

@Jim_in_PA, I am in Virginia/DC area and looking for an extra tall euro trailer with the side ramp and am also considering the Boeckmann you mentioned. Most of the posts/threads I have read here (re: euro trailers) are from years ago, so if there is any new info PLEASE share it with me!
    I am open to all wisdom on the subject!!

6. Jim_in_PA

Heels Down likes this.
  7. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

Just so you know, I am just getting ready to list mine for sale. No fault of its own, but I am downsizing. It is a Portax K with the front ramp. I'm not sure what your budget range is.

The ifor Williams guy in tx did not have a lot of success and I don't think he is still bringing them over.

8. Jim_in_PA

Wow...sad to hear that given how long you wanted one! That would be a great buy for the OP for sure!

If that doesn't work out, OP, while it's not a Euro trailer, I'm considering selling my 2004 TrailersUSA Minuteman Sport in the recent future as we've also downsized to one horse, have no shows in activities, have access to one if we need it for emergency care and it's generally taking up space. Similar weight to a Euro, but has electric brakes, rather than inertial brakes. Custom storage in the nose, etc. Great condition.