Help me find a show jacket

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Baylily, May 16, 2018.

1. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

I'm getting quite tired of black for dressage, and would like a navy or other variety of blue to show in.

Wish list:
    -The ideal jacket would be a technical/stretchy fabric, lightweight but not the "see through" material.
    -It would also need to have some structure and be fitted (I tried the Piper jacket from SP, and while very lightweight, it didn't seem to have any structure).
    -I would prefer 4 buttons
    -Modest bling is OK but not required
    -Prefer double vented in the back

help me go from this:
    [​IMG]

To something closer to this:
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. slc

slc Senior Member

3. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

The Kerrits coat in storm is a really lovely blue. It also comes in a purple color, I believe.

If you want something a little fancier, I just got the tredstep coat in gray with burgundy and I’m mildly obsessed with it. The fit is a little...unique though so it either suits you or it doesn’t. The styling is lovely though.

Baylily and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

Catalogs, do they still have such things?!

I have seen a number of jackets from the UK which I like, but sizing is so difficult, and often its tricky to know what the exact weight and structure of the coat is unless you've actually tried it on. That's why I was soliciting actual feedback..

5. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Price range? I know the exact perfect coat that ticks all your boxes, but they're expensive. A general price range would help narrow down other options.

6. slc

slc Senior Member

Where are you located? Are you close to any Dover stores? Any other tack stores around you?

Would you be willing to try on mail ordered coat and return it if it wasn't what you wanted? Lots of people do that.

I haven't bought a coat in a while but I generally would just buy a decent coat, like Pikeur Diana, and they always fit well as long as you don't get one that's really tight anywhere. I couldn't afford to go for special colors, just always got black. That also allowed me to buy some really nice used coats.

If you do get a blue coat be sure your show organization allows the color you buy. Generally, coat colors have to fit into a scheme of color saturation/intensity allowed.

7. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

I'd like to stay under $400