Help...again. Western showmanship outfit?

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by ibsammy, May 15, 2017.

1. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

I wasn't a big fan of my western turn out at the last show, and I've gone down 2 sizes since then so I can justify buying something new.
    Here is my last thread:
    Help a clueless western rider
    I have dark jeans, a black hat, and these two shirts.
    I have not seen a single pair of black boots that I don't think are hideous. If you were starting from scratch with this horse, what would you do? I am completely open. The only boots I have are brown ariat fatbabies, so I need to get basically everything O.O

2. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

I forgot to add, I wear a size 8 in pants, medium tops, and 9.5 W in boots (10 normal) if anyone wants to send links to specific things :p

3. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

Bummer! My daughter outgrew her SMS outfit that would match perfectly but it would be too small.:(

4. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

for showmanship, I would do some sort of jacket instead of a standard shirt.

5. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Agree with Lopin. Even a simple, well fitted black blazer with a bright shirt under it and tailored black slacks. You want square toes for SMS (at least, around where I live that's the in thing for SMS on the AQHA circuit). I bought a pair of black Justin Bent Rails that have done me well. They are leather sole and look pretty nice.

kodemiester likes this.
  6. kaitybug

kaitybug Senior Member

i decided to go the suit route with my new horse for a while. I bought the blazer for $5 used and dress pants and Wala

7. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

What kind of shirt ubderneath? I work in an office so I have slacks and blazers galore.

8. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Just a cotton button or zip up like your second photo

9. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

Well that makes my life easier. I'll look in my closet and see what I've got tonight, then I'll get pictures and you guys can tell me what doesn't make me look like a moron XD.

10. Cynical25

Cynical25 Senior Member

Justin BentRails are my favorite - soles aren't too clunky and square toe is proportioned just right, so my ladies size 9 feet don't look huge.

I have a $50 Macy's clearance suit for SMS. Bought the jacket one size larger for shoulder movement and sleeve length, then tailored to fit.

I love really saturated colors for red paints/pintos - bright blues, deep aquas, bold greens, rich purples.