Hello more job interviews......i am so tired

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cschattner, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Thats a fact jack. ;)

2. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Worth putting in an application. 2 he drive but still closeish to home.

CheyAut likes this.
  3. starrunner

starrunner Senior Member

Yup. Good thing too is once you get into the county, many people will transfer to other County jobs.

We also pay zero for health insurance. Pension. Co-pays are almost nothing.

Lots of good things. Lots of boarding barns too with different options as well...

Wish you luck. Feel free to pm me if you have any other specific questions.

DelP likes this.
  4. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Finished my rough draft for a resume and sent it to my proofer lol.
    If all goes well this week it will be sent off to uline.
    Ran into a problem w getting my resume typed up. Had to borrow a lap top and hunt down Wi-Fi in my rural area, talk about exhausting.

5. sparkzwb

sparkzwb Senior Member

Construction is booming. What happened with your union job?

6. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

I hate to be "that person"
    But you're in a negative mindset that it's you against the universe. It isn't, it's you against you. I drug myself out of that hole about 2 years ago now. I was underpaid, overworked, and under-supported in terms of friends and family.

Your negative mindset WILL come thru in job interviews. You need to play this as a strength, not a weakness.

Your apartment can only fit you? I've lived with 6 people in a 2 bedroom to make ends meet. Was it fun? No. But we all were in a similar situation financially and we made it work because we wanted to save money.

I would be seriously considering leasing out my horse(s) if I were you. There are times to focus on horses, and there are times to focus on getting ahead.

I wish you the best of luck. I know just how hard it is out there. In 2014 I was living in sub-standard housing conditions in addition to having 6 people I had to share the non-functional space with (issues with plumbing, heating, etc), my car broke down so I was riding my bike an hour a day to get to work rain or shine. I put a backseat to riding. I worked 60-70 hour weeks until I had enough saved to relocate somewhere that was more financially suitable for my goals.

You can get thru this.

You just have to get that chin up, get boots on the pavement, and get it done.

Edit: I am on a fast track to be that grandpa going "BACK IN MY DAY" so sorry if my tone was condescending. But sometimes a firm kick in the booty gets you there a little faster.

7. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

I got tired of the winter lay offs, my union was very political always pushing for us to vote their way. I was in my week mandatory class and on Thursday they made us sit through 2 hours of political campaigning while our project just sat their that still has to be done on Friday or we would have to repeat out unpaid week long class.

I was stressed, hitting severe depression all over again, sick of the forced political carp and I hated Minnesota.

Took a risk and moved back home at the request of my dad.
    I truthfully am very happy with my job. It just doesn't pay enough to make ends meet.
    I tried leasing out my horse but my barn does not allow people that are not approved (aka lesson clients) to lease a horse.
    Nobody off the street can just lease. So I am stuck marketing him to existing clients who my bo is already selling lessons too. It isn't working out well. Last time I did manage to get a lesson taker to lease him and I got my butt chewed by the bo for stealing business even though my contract mandated 4 lessons a month.
    The check for my lease ($100 a month, $25 a lesson) went right into my bo' s hands. I paid my own board $250 out of pocket.
    My leaser was just to make sure my horse got attention while I was in basic.
    Come back to find my bo was using my horse in her lesson program for advanced riders without my permission/knowledge. I did not get a break on board. In fact board went up while I was gone and she back charged me for 7 flipping months so I came back to a bill even though I gave them post dated checks.

8. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

I'm going to again suggest a move to West Michigan, if you can.

Someone with experience running manufacturing machinery can start at $15 an hour.

Friesiangirl likes this.
  9. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

There are medical manufacturing facilities here in wi that start out at $15 an hour but I would want to try a few others first.
    There are 3 state jobs I am applying too that start at $45,000 a year and 2 forklift operator positions (I am certified) that start at $25 an hour.

Varisha likes this.
  10. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Please take up some members offers to proof your resumes @cschattner and get help writing a solid cover letter for each. Both a fundamentally solid resume, and cover letter are sometimes the foot in the door you need.