Hello more job interviews......i am so tired

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cschattner, Jan 5, 2017.

1. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Been applying for a second full time job to replace my other job that is not getting me anywhere.
    Currently I work 3rd shift in an injection molding company that pays well dirt. at the end of the month I get $1200.
    Out of that $1200 I have to pay everything and I am not coming out ahead.
    My second job is me working off horse board and getting a little extra. I get the most hours, the most responsibility and make the most but the hours are just not enough and she only increases them when someone quits which is often enough but they eventually find a replacement.

I have an interview on Monday for a full time position and they seam very interested in me. the pay is most likely going to be another $1200 a month. for working an editional 40 hours a week.
    I would like to just have 1 full time job and stay at the farm but every place I apply that pays enough doesn't want to even give me a try.

I am current military
    Have experience in a wide range of positions
    Perfect attendance
    Have always been described as a model employee

I just lack the paperwork of a college degree. I want to go to college this year but finances and time are scoffing at that plan.

While I am at my mil weekend this week I will be filling out applications to keep trying but dang it I am just road kill.

Just frustration and letting it out.

2. froglander

froglander Senior Member

Can you do anything further in the military?

3. DancingArabian

DancingArabian Senior Member

Don't you qualify for the GI bill? Your school would be paid for. You could also take out student loans, which, if you are conservative and plan well, can end up not being a disturbing amount of debt.

Do you have a resume? There's likely a program available to you that will help you get it written well to highlight your skills.

RelaxMax likes this.
  4. PureTrouble

PureTrouble Senior Member

Usajobs.gov...

RelaxMax and NBChoice like this.
  5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Good idea. ^^ If you think you can swing it..it might be worth seeing if you can pare down things by considering a responsible roommate etc. I know it's daunting to think about and I don't know what hours you're required to carry. I'm guessing twelve. I get where you're coming from.

Here's an unusual suggestion maybe. If you can, put in a super small ad for house cleaning. To get the required experience you could work part time briefly for a cleaning service and learn. Believe me. If you consider this at all I can give you some tips and help, we have our franchise on inactive currently, but we had a commercial and occasional residential contracts. Usually those came from the owners of the buildings we handled, but it's not that difficult to do. The hardest thing in my opinion is giving an accurate estimate of the property as your time is money, but you have to be somewhat reasonable. Supplies are inexpensive if you know what to buy and quite often a homeowner wants their personal supplies and equipment used, especially if they have pets. It's a thought.

My thoughts on this is to pick up some extra cash. Twelve hundred leaves little wiggle room and if there's an illness etc, yeah..bad.

6. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Military: no extra money at my base and I tried to switch to active but got stonewalled.

Gi bill: I am at 25%, if I can reinlist it will go up after this year if I get on a certain trip.

Roomie: my apartment can't accomidate a second person. it barely holds me.

Things will turn around I just need to get things sorted. This weekend I will be sitting down with someone who is a better resume writer. see if I am just wording something wrong.

I never had luck with usajobs.com

7. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

That's essentially minimum wage...I really hope you can find a way to up that. It would be good if you can find some ways to "network" in your local area and perhaps discover other opportunities.

8. DancingArabian

DancingArabian Senior Member

Usajobs is actually difficult to crack. Near impossible if you don't have the degree and experience they're looking for. They use computers to go through resumes so if you don't have the right keywords, your resume won't ever get seen.

RelaxMax likes this.
  9. PureTrouble

PureTrouble Senior Member

Not impossible to crack, ive gotten two jobs through there.if anyone needs help with their resume on usajobs i am more than willing to offer assistance

10. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I have 2 interviews today that I got through usajobs. I think it just takes time and patience to get through. My resume hasn't changed over the past year or so and I've been applying sporadically for that long, if not longer. So I don't know that there have to be special keywords.

OP, good luck! I hope you find what you're looking for!