He did it ! ++++//

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by Kristal H, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

We received a notification from AHA that our gelding has been awarded his Legion of Masters and Legion of Excellence. I’m very proud of him and my daughter.

This horse had some significant human caused mental issues when we got him. I am so grateful to have found a wonderful trainer and coach, we do haul in lessons every other week and then they do the exercises at home. Love, patience, consistency, hard work, and good coaching make such a difference. He has been such a great teacher for my daughter. I am so proud of her perseverance with him and that she didn't give up when the road was hard.

Shadow regionals ribbons.jpg

windblown, MzCarol, ginster and 22 others like this.
  2. prairiesongks

prairiesongks Senior Member

Congratulations to you, your daughter, and your gorgeous horse!

Kristal H likes this.
  3. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

Thank you, I must say he is a very handsome boy.

4. SEAmom

SEAmom Senior Member

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

Kristal H likes this.
  5. CJ

CJ Senior Member

That is fantastic, Congrats!

Kristal H likes this.
  6. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Very cool. Thank you for sharing with us.

Kristal H likes this.
  7. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Congrats! That's awesome! What requirements do you have to fulfill to get those?

Kristal H likes this.
  8. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

That's awesome, congratulations!

Kristal H likes this.
  9. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

The Arabian horse Association achievement program awards points to horses that compete in most venues ( in-hand, racing, dressage, hunter/jumper, driving, endurance and performance). Each venue has a detailed algorithm to calculate the points based on the level of the competition, placing, scores, etc.

As the horses points add up to meet a certain achievement then the + and or / symbols are added to the end of the horses name, to honor the horse. This also shows up on pedigrees, so you can tell at a glance if a horse come from a family history of consistently high performing horses. The achievement points requirements for purebreds requires more points than it requires for half Arabs.

A Legion of Masters and Legion of Excellence ++++// are the highest award and Championship title that the AHA bestows upon a horse, it requires 300 points for a purebred Arabian. A national championship counts for 30 points. A win at an A rated show may only be worth 1 point. A Legion of Masters requires a minimum of 120 points to be in-hand and 120 points to be in riding/driving, this is considered to be the most difficult award to obtain and takes a pretty special horse that is athletic and well trained, well built and beautiful, along with constant and sound over the long run.

Very few horses are able to reach the Legion of Masters level….so as you can Imagine we are quite thrilled with our boy!

10. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

So cool! I wish AQHA did something like that! :) What a great accomplishment. And he sure is a beautiful boy! Makes me miss my Arab days.