Have you met someone amazing lately?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slc, May 12, 2018.

1. slc

slc Senior Member

I looked at a horse for sale late last fall. Right before I was due to go the owner got in a horrific car accident(not her fault). She had severe fractures to both legs and other injuries. I was very impressed with her bravery, but she faced a long and painful rehabilitation. There was something about her - I got the feeling she was a very unique person.

Ever meet anyone like that?

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Yeah.
    Ray Hunt.

3. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I think my BJJ coach is pretty amazing.

Bright, energetic, and full of personality. Yet quiet and thoughtful. Strong, bold, and resolute. Yet sensitive and caring. Confident yet humble. A strong but quiet leader.

I know he’s not perfect, sometimes he irritates the stuffing out me, but as far as I’m concerned he walks on water.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

I am so jealous!!!! I've been able to meet Buck Brannaman.

I married one of the most amazing people I've met...

5. Binca

Binca Senior Member

I meet amazing people every day at my school. The students are from so many different cultures and backgrounds including refugees and many children from domestic violence situations. These children still come to school every day and love and support each other. And the teachers are absolutely amazing. :loveflag:

GONE ROPING, Alsosusieq2, slc and 2 others like this.
  6. ParkedOut

ParkedOut Senior Member

I have.

I’ve been at this office for 15 years and pride myself on no surprises, and very little learning. It’s a pretty cut and dried job.

I spoke to this assistant at another agency and she impressed the hell out of me. Really knew her stuff and even taught this old dog a few new tricks.

A very pleasant surprise!

7. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

I think all of the folks on my caseload are pretty amazing. I work in the Mental Health field.....a care manager for a shared living program, where folks with developmental delay share a home with a person/family. The stigma that surrounds this popular is incredible, and it really gets my hackles up when society just sees them as "retards". Some of my folks are non-verbal and stopped maturing intellectually at the age of 9 months, and some are borderline DD. But they ALL are capable of letting their wants and needs known, have their own desires for living a good life....no matter whether they can communicate in spoken words or not.

8. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

I didn't actually meet him, but I listened to a double amputee speak at a gathering I went to. He has a genetic disease and they had to take both feet off, he is currently running marathons. Amazing. And you can just tell that he is so strong mentally and emotionally and is ready to tackle whatever life throws at him.

9. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Yep, people like him truly amaze me.....when society has written them off, as useless.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. wpgrider

wpgrider Senior Member

If I could find someone who understands word footers, they'd be the most amazing person I've met lately. At least in the past couple days!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.