Happy Happy Happy

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by equinitis, Oct 8, 2018.

1. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

I am the proud owner of five new geldings, well four actually since one belongs to my FIL.

Had a farm call Friday and got all that testosterone removed. It was long over due for some of them.
    Rooster
    Havoc-had to have four injections to go down then he stayed down for about 10 minutes after.
    Norm
    Twist-had to have three shots to go down and was up as soon as I got off of his neck. He is a beast!
    Storm
    all got brain surgery and it all went very smooth. The vet was great, she was really good with the mules. When she was done, she told me, "There are 10 little things you don't have to worry about anymore." :rofl: I've got some sore boys and Norm would not talk to me Saturday but seems to be over it now.
    Freckles, Tomahawk and Pokey all had some dental work done, Tomahawk had to have a tooth pulled!
    The vet is pretty new, she was hired at the clinic I use right out of vet school so has only been there since June. She was outstanding and I would not hesitate to use her services again or recommend her to anyone. She said Dr. Mark (the vet we usually see for farm calls) did not tell her what to expect from us but she said she enjoyed working with us and would give Dr. Mark a good report. I guess it helps that we had all of the animals caught, haltered and ready for her when she got there. It took her just under four hours to do all the work we had scheduled. She called Saturday afternoon to check on the critters too and I appreciated that.

Expensive day but, since it wall went very well, I'm a happy camper. I'm just so happy to get it all done I had to tell you all, folks I am sure understand!

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

So did you throw them on the roof and let the crows have them, or boil them up for the dog's dinner? :ROFLMAO:

Baboo and equinitis like this.
  3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

On the roof is the only way!

manesntails and equinitis like this.
  4. tucklove

tucklove Senior Member

Throw them in front of their nose so they'll run fast hunting for them, or throw them behind their tail so they stop hard to get back to them, lol. Or one in each direction- make a cutting mule.

5. billz

billz Full Member

Whoa! That's quite a "to-do" list. Well done.

manesntails and equinitis like this.
  6. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Hahaha! On the roof of course.

It truly is.

LOL! I have to make better choices next time.

It was quite a list, that is what happens when things keep getting put off. I am soooooo glad it's done.

lucky_pine and manesntails like this.
  7. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Wait, I thought you were trying to DOWNsize lol

8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

One ball at a time?

9. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Yes! lol.

Arem likes this.
  10. Circle C