Handson Grooming Gloves

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by mooselady, Apr 16, 2017.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

have you see these?

Home - HandsOn

I thought, well still think they are pricey, but my trainer bought a pair and I borrowed them yesterday, and was very impressed. Got a lit of loose coat out, and she loved the ear rub with them. I loved that I could really give her legs a good rub down, get the dirt out, but still feel.

When I had tried them on Fergie I gave my 5 Star pad a stroke...took off all the loose hair, and didn't pill the felt at all. I was going to go and do the inside of her rainsheet, but C was definitely doing the "you borrowed it, not bought it" face...so I gave them back.

Definitely thinking of buying despite the price, can do the dogs, cat, carpet, furniture, etc etc, and I think they will be great at bath time.

Anyone used them?

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I've not used them but for a well made product, that's not too pricy. Have you looked them up to see customer reviews? I can't see them when I downloaded this.. but I would imagine they'll be good for at least a couple years, probably more.

mooselady likes this.
  3. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I have a friend who is a rep for the company and she let me try one. I really liked it. I think it's a great product at a very reasonable price. I haven't bought one yet but it's on my list.

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  4. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

I am starting to see ads for them but never tried them.

I can sure see the benefit to the human if the human deals with arthritis, cramping hands, fibromyalgia, anything that makes it difficult to grip a brush or curry.

I have dotted cotton gloves that work well for face massages and if the legs and butts just need a quick swipe. I love them, so would probably like this glove ----- UNLESS the entire thing is rubber or plastic. My thermostat would go into over drive.

Alsosusieq2 and Cynical25 like this.
  5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

No. only the palms are rubber, the back is light stuff....certainly beats trying to hold onto a narrow shedding blade

Cynical25 and gaitedboomer like this.
  6. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

I may have to slip one of those into my next catalog order ---- I have many catalogues, surely one of them sells these:cooldance:

mooselady likes this.
  7. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

That looks interesting. That will be good for scrubbing during a bath.
    I do get these Schneider's Groomitt in Grooming Mitts
    from the tack store near the track and they're like $20 cheaper. I really like the grooming mitt and so do my horses. The mitt also allows me to give a massage along whike I am grooming. I still use a shedding blade for caked on mud...quickly to loosen up, then use my mitt/ curry/ brush

gaitedboomer likes this.
  8. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Two of my dogs and one of my horses love them. The other horse and other dog, not so much. But they're sensitive so I didn't expect them to like them anyway. ;) My mare is OBSESSED with the things.

gaitedboomer and mooselady like this.
  9. Cynical25

Cynical25 Senior Member

Went to the HandsOn site to buy a pair, but that shipping - OUCH! Hope I can find them locally.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. DiscoInferno

DiscoInferno Registered

I have had a pair for a while and I really like them. My horse is not bothered by them at all and I can really get after dirt and loose hair on his legs without irritating or injuring him. I think they work better than most curry combs I have tried.