Hands on Gloves - Review

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by mooselady, Apr 22, 2018.

1. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

The hands on site has the option of black or lime green. I got the lime so I can find them easier in a dark grooming tool drawer. However, I was at the Schneider's tent sale this weekend and found them $5 cheaper and only in black. I did get the other pair so when my girls are helping groom they have a pair to use. Love love love them!

ginster, Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  2. zett

zett Senior Member

There's a vid of a guy grooming a Husky with them on the Hands-On site.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

@barrel_racer64 i think she just means with the motion of grooming, that's external rotation with that bit of resistance and internal rotation when you bring it back toward your body to rub again. . :p

DocsLglyBlonde and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Well there ya go!! I was only commenting it's not going to be as affective as a rake or quick, but.. if you keep up on their coats, it should be great. Which you should. With the gloves it should be easy tbh.

5. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

Oops I totally never responded! Lol yes, that wax on, wax off motion of circular grooming. Internal rotation is irritating for me at the moment, so I only do the resisted wax off (or is that the wax on direction??) to help strengthen my external rotators :p

6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Gave Fergie a bath at the show last weekend, and the Hands On gloves were out again, they got so much summer coat put of her I was surprised, and made getting the sand and dirt off her legs from the deep going of the warm up area, very easy...

Still loving these things

7. SEAmom

SEAmom Senior Member

I have had my pair for a few weeks and I am completely enamored by the gloves! I don't think I can ever go back to a curry of any type ever again! Work's better and faster and with far less arm fatigue. My horse LOVES them scrubbing all over his body.

My only concern is how they'll work on woolly mammoth fur, which is growing in right now.

MzCarol and Alsosusieq2 like this.