Hands on Gloves - Review

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by mooselady, Apr 22, 2018.

1. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

I wear a 7.5 in riding gloves and their size small fits me perfectly. I got mine at my local store, so was able to try them on, otherwise I would never have ordered a small for myself!

DelP likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

They probably will last forever if that's any consolation. You can use kitchen gloves on the pups and just slightly dampen them for a similar affect, especially if it's mostly top coat.

3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I haven't got “forever“ left to live~!! o_O

:LOL:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

My friends have been raving about them. Saw them at #notrolex, but the way I use my brushes & curries, I need it to be comfortable for me to wear both and hold a brush in 1 hand at all times..........yeah they didn’t feel super comfy to do that in. So I’m going to bum a pair to try for a week from said friend before I drop the cash on a pair.

I know the new kitty will LOVE them (he loves everything that involves touching)....the dog - eh she dislikes all forms for brushing. Fif......I’m not convinced she’ll like them, but I am CERTAIN I will love them for grooming/shedding legs. But I can’t justify the price JUST for that! So we shall see.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

This thread and the fact my filly was refusing to shed out inspired me to buy a pair of these gloves, and I have zero regrets!

When I got them i tried them on my chessie labx who wasnt giving up and hair with a regular brush or rake, this got me 2 bags full within 10 minutes and she was happy.

My filly absolutely loved it, she could not get enough of it. And it got about 99% of her winter coat that was remaining out. I was calling her our little neglect case because no matter how much we brushed her she looked scruffy and ragged, but these seemed to do the trick!

Sadly my big guy didn't like these, he loves attention and being brushed but these were not a hit. He was fine with them on his legs but not anywhere else, just did not enjoy them

6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Fergie got turned out last week, so had my first try using them on a mud monster, rather than a shedder....LOVE that..even stupid things like being able to get in under her fetlocks make the job easier.

Alsosusieq2 and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  7. Rye9

Rye9 Full Member

I got a pair of these too. My mare is mostly shed out but still has some fluff on her belly and legs. LOVE the gloves for legs, much easier to get in all the nooks and crannies. She'll like them during fly season for her itchy spots, too. I'm also excited to use them for bathing to work the suds deeper into her coat.

I also used them on my cat that hates brushing and got a ton of hair off, so that was a plus.

mooselady and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

I've discovered more positives! Lol they are perfect to get in Samson's old eye socket crannies (gently), especially with him shedding out when they tend to get cruddy. Secondly, as a physical therapy student with a current rotator cuff injury, I say they are fabulous for strengthening external rotators for shoulder rehab, so long as you do not go into too much shoulder flexion :p

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.