Hands on Gloves - Review

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by mooselady, Apr 22, 2018.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Mine turned up last week and my view so far

They did a fantastic job on cleaning the carpet outside my room, that has a cat shaped mark on it!

Said cat wasn't keen on being groomed but WOW, maybe cats aren't meant to lose that much coat at once.

Badger the JRT, HATES it, Bones the Mutt, loves it.

Cleaned Fergies spring blanket, and brought them home today to de hair her winter blanket and my 5 Star Pad.

Then I tried it on Fergie...

Love it...have been using a blade type tool on her, and she has been slowing down on her loss, today I got a bunch out of her, but I really liked the way it brought up all the crud from her skin, she was covered in dust and yuk before I brushed her off. She had dry muddy legs and the gloves just made short work of that, great the way it contours around the leg. You have to vary the pressure you use in different places, but over all she seemed to like it, still searching for that one spot that she loves being scratched on..

Can't wait to try it when bath time come round again, over all I am pleased with them.

MzCarol, mkoktavy, DelP and 3 others like this.
  2. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Must investigate what these are. Are they available in the States?

3. froglander

froglander Senior Member

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

I LOVE mine too!!! I've used them wet and dry, and they worked great in both instances.

Samson is pretty sensitve, and didn't like them much in a curry motion over his clipped areas, even lightly, but was fine with stroking which worked just fine. He was fine with being curried over his hairy areas and they got out a TON of hair.

Jessie loves them wet or dry, and loved them so much she started grooming my legs and butt... She normally grooms the air with her Oster curry (with the big nubbins) but hasn't actually groomed me (don't worry, it won't become a habit ;) ), and was in quite the trance with the HandsOn gloves. They get our approval!

DelP, mooselady and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Figured these would be great personally. Glad to hear it ML. ;)

7. DelP

DelP Senior Member

Welp I just ordered a pair! The fur balls need a good shed and they look useful for baths!

8. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

I have a wooly mammoth as a pony right now and I *really* want one of these!

9. DelP

DelP Senior Member

Put mine to use yesterday and I think I need another pair! One of the cats hates brushing, but she loved the gloves. I got a lot of hair off her and she purred the whole time. The gloves didn’t collect up the shed hair well like the brush does so I did need to do some vacuuming after.

For the horses I did shedding blade, furminator, then gloves and I removed a lot of hair!

My only complaint is that the size is either wonky or they sent me the wrong size. I couldn’t find it on the gloves to check. I usual wear a medium and my medium hands-on gloves are huge on me. Husband wears a large glove and they fit him comfortably Not a big deal as they work fine even being large.

10. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

They cost too much~!! :eek:
    I'ma wait to see if I need'm for the dog, when the price goes down. :p

Alsosusieq2 likes this.