Halter horse diet without the pricetag

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by spec, Mar 7, 2018.

1. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

I show my horse in performance halter. We are nearing our superior. He is 16.

He gets half and half of alfalfa and grass hay. And a small coffee can size, no more than two pounds I would think, three times a day of Triple Crown Senior. I ride him five to six days a week 45 minutes to an hour. Him last January. FoxyJanuary182018.jpg

2. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Just curious... why the TC Sr?

3. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

He is allergic to corn. Not many grains around here are cornless. The ones he has been on over the years that have corn that messed up with up to 18 symptoms are Safe Choice Original, Purina Strategy, Purina Ultium, Dynasty Senior and oats with flaked corn in it, common for oats to have corn with it unfortunately.

4. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I was more wondering why bother feeding it if you are feeding so little? Or is he getting 2lbs 3x a day (6lbs total/day)?

5. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Three times a day, so six pounds. It also to mix his supplements in one and I don't want him to be one of the few not to get anything when all the others in the barn are grained. They grain the horses first and the ones not grained are the worst in their stalls at feeding time, slamming and kicking for examples. He's not that type of horse, but still don't want him left out and maybe get a bit anxious.

6. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Ok. That makes more sense lol I thought you meant he was getting 2lbs a day. :)

LoveTrail likes this.
  7. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

This is spam and does not have anything to do with the topic. Reported.