Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

People that have children with dead beat dads and then expect the dads families to financially support the children. The family didn't choose to have a baby with the loser. They should not be financially responsible. It is a bonus if they do help but asking and then becoming upset when they decline is just strange. No one relative should be looked at as a source of financial assistance.

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  2. crayon

crayon Senior Member

My gripe of the last like... year+

I left the military because although I loved it at first, it became so stressful that I was losing weight and had high blood pressure and headaches and was completely miserable. I took some time to chill out where I grew up and started working but it was too expensive to live there so my husband and I moved south where he grew up. We planned to live on family property until the owner (husband's grandma) started looking for problems with us. Something was always wrong. Either we were rude to her (We only ever tried being nice and helpful around the house) or didn't visit enough despite the fact that she was rude when we tried to visit and we thought she didn't want us around. She knew we had to use her shower every night but would set the alarm before we came up, causing us to set it off upon entering the house. She said she felt uncomfortable in her own home. It turned into a huge family meeting where we genuinely tried to understand where she was coming from but she rolled her eyes through our explanation of our perspective. The whole family had cut her out as she did them. We moved. I had to move my horse's whole fence and find a place to move the horse. I'm so grateful another in-law lets me keep her on her land now. We are now sharing a home with other family and trying to find jobs in this place where there isn't much opportunity. I feel frustrated that my husband didn't realize how inconvenient the place he grew up is. Also sad for him because he feels like he ruined my life because he was the first one wanting to leave the military and also move down south and it rubbed off on me. I do regret leaving that job because I could afford horses and lived in an amazing place that I took for granted. But the job was killing me. All my savings are gone and my bank account is just bleeding out while I look for a job that won't cover my vehicle loan and other expenses. 4 months after moving away from the grandma and she's harassing other in-laws at work claiming we stole a bed (that I have proof of buying myself) when we moved and threatening to press charges. I didn't know until recently she has harassed this side of the family for decades. Ive been trying so hard to be positive but the frustration usually just builds up until I have an extremely depressed day every couple of weeks. The worst feeling is that I know things would be much more doable, almost easy without my horse. At this point in my life all I have the energy for is to feed her every day and go home anyway. But I never got over selling my second horse when I left the military. I know I can't sell my first horse. I must sound so complainy but this is a rant thread so... lol. Going from having a very secure, high paying job on an island many people can't even vacation to (that I took so for granted) to not being able to be independent and knowing it's going to continue to be a struggle is such a horrible feeling. I left all my friends there too. I know that job wasn't doing me any good and I really felt like I was being paid just to sit and have people refuse to teach me my job and I wanted something more fulfilling. The money doesn't matter if I can afford what I need. But I can't and I feel stuck.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Virtual Hug for you. Deep breaths and hang in there. Seriously. Try the 4-7-8 breathing exercises to destress and put your feet up and lay back with your eyes closed for a good fifteen, twenty minutes a day. It's important for yourself.

Majorly positive vibes to you..

:loveflag: :loveflag: :loveflag:

crayon likes this.
  4. crayon

crayon Senior Member

Aw, thank you I really do appreciate it. It's hard to bring it up to people around me because I think everyone feels bad about how things happened and wants to ignore the bad stuff. A couple things have started looking up so I'm hoping if I can produce some positive vibes then more will come my way lol.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. Alsosusieq2

You focus on you and taking care of yourself first and foremost. Everything else falls into place.

Nothing like peace and liking a job, you'll get there. :heartbeat:

crayon likes this.
  6. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

So that gawd awful dog I have is the main suspect in a 3 hands worth of rubber dipped glove disappearance. I really hope she didn't ****ing eat them but I found the 4th in the middle of the yard with a finger tip missing.

29178496_10215985546220297_8229706025503031296_n (1).jpg

7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Oh no! If she did eat them can they pass through on their own? Rubber is tricky..
    I read somewhere that sauerkraut helps? Maybe because it..ah...cleans the pipes, so to speak?

8. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

@emali06 - vaseline sandwiches.....lots and lots of vaseline sandwiches to help that stuff slide through! Dog love the taste of it, and it's a cheap "at home" laxative. 1 piece of bread, smother as much vaseline as humanly possible, fold in half, feed to dog.

Best of luck!

bobo and horses and ginster like this.
  9. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

Anything is possible. I guess it would depend if she chewed them up or not. They are the kind of work gloves that are fabric with a palms dipped in rubber. I can't imagine they would digest well. Might stick together and create a mass. I gave her peroxide to vomit, nothing but foam. Shes acting normally and hungry. I didn't feed her breakfast. I might feed her a bunch of beef fat to help move things along.

ginster likes this.
  10. Alsosusieq2

I raced to the bathroom at 4:30 AM Wed morning and probably picked up a virus at the Drs office, there was a patient there that looked like he was at death's door at 7:30 as our office for the specialty clinic is the same as urgent care. Ughh. Eugene had it hit him yesterday afternoon, so it's really awful with the two of us. Freezing and exhausted after sleeping all day, most of the night. Butterfly net for viruses here.