Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

My GOTD: Yet again, the price of horses in AK, it’s insane! :crazy:

Attached Files:

ginster likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Talked to my Dr Friday and going to get a call from the ENT Drs office Monday as my Dr is passing the buck. Aggravated. Everything is coming back like it did a month ago since I've been off the abx, congestion/coughing. Anyway. Sinus headaches for weeks etc. Freaking sick of this.

mooselady and ginster like this.
  3. IslandPony89

IslandPony89 Senior Member

GOTD

I had to call out sick today and i dont take calling out lightly but i still am not sleeping well, was throwing up until midnight, slept for three hours was gonna push myself to go to work.

And i thought **** it, im always jumping as high as i can when people call out saying their hung over and yet here i am gonna force myself to go.

Rhythm 'n Blues and ginster like this.
  4. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

TAXESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS We usually go to H&R but it gives me the heebee jeebies to sit in their office so I'm filing them through the H&R online service. Its much less stressful but I still don't want to do it.

5. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

The ADULTS whining about the Boy Scouts allowing girls.........ugh.

This is what people need to remember. The BS and the GS are VERY DIFFERENT and UNRELATED organizations. The topics the GS cover is far less expansive as the BS and very different. They are structured VERY differently. The GS is less stringent and mostly up to interpretation of the leaders. The BS are given many more opportunities that the GS should be allowed to participate in. WHY IN THE WORLD are people upset about kids wanting to learn??? People whining about how their boys can't join the GS to learn how to cook, well if they really wanted to...then ask the GS to change their policies. Whining about how its mixing sexes and boys should be allowed to have a safe place to become a MAN. Its such an old rigid thought I just can't even. I've been to camps with both sexes. Its not a big deal at all. They just separate the cabins and have literally no problems. Girls should absolutely be given the same opportunities as boys, period. I feel the problem is on both sides and both organizations should adapt.

Let the kids learn and leave your politics at home (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

6. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

GOTD: I don't understand parenting. The days I make sure my kid is 100% prepped perfectly for school....he has rough days at school.

The days I forget things and grab them on the way out the door....rough days at school.

The days where I think things will go terribly....the day goes fine at school?

Kid, you are KILLIN me. Its only Kindergarten yet!!!!! :willynilly:

(age appropriate testing for help in school is scheduled, BTW)

Arem likes this.
  7. OldGreyMare

OldGreyMare Senior Member

GOTD: People who talk behind your back and spread false rumors. Tired of them being nice to your face...here let me hand you the dagger so I know you at least have a clean one to sink between my shoulder blades...I find woman especially nasty. This is nursing school, thought we were there to help one another...not this...what happened to going to the person and asking???

Arem and bobo and horses like this.
  8. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

My gripe will sound familiar.....5 to 9 inches of new snow, starting in the early a.m. and lasting til early evening tomorrow. Please, Mother Nature, we have had enough!

mooselady likes this.
  9. OldGreyMare

OldGreyMare Senior Member

I will trade you Bobo? You can have all our rain and I will take your snow...all 5'' to 9" of it.

10. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

I don’t know about trading rain for snow, but with out the big snow blower on the tractor, we would be in big trouble. Had to take the plow off and put the blower on. Hubby will have to blow out the paddocks if we get as much as predicted, lol. Not that they have been out much anyway.

Plus, the almost 3 inches of ice and frozen slush under it all. I’ve about had it.