Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

I have experienced the same with small vets that wouldn't do emergency surgery without half the estimated cost upfront. Luckily it was only $800 that time.

Shades bill was $8000 and I still had a dead dog in the end. So I dont think I would do expensive surgery on an animal again.

2. Pony123

Pony123 Full Member

When my pony coliced, we had the option of a close to 10k surgery or euthanize. My family did not have the funds for that so we chose to euthanize. We found out later that the surgery wouldn't have worked anyway so you never know going into these things. Started out the vet thought it was a compaction and he'd be back to riding in 2 days, ended up with a rare type the vet hadn't seen in 20yrs.
    Praying for the big guy, hope he pulls through!

3. Arem

Arem Senior Member

My gripe of the day: there have been several car break ins in my neighborhood and now today the back gate was mysteriously ajar like maybe someone was back there catting around. Hopefully not casing for a break in. :confused:

4. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

When Fez has surgery I had to pay 1/2 up front......then more than 1/2 at pick up as it ran higher than the quote of course.

@uncanny580 ill PM you.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Thanks for the tip on that R & B on the little machine. I think you're talking about a handheld one? I've got quite a few different ones, but not a really small handheld one, just a regular handheld that'd probably suffice. You can turn the speed down on mine and you slip your hand into it to use it. It might work..

6. Rhythm 'n Blues

It’s hand held, but not like a massager or anything. Small enough to fit in your purse and you could use it for a couple minutes here and there. :)

7. Alsosusieq2

I think I know what you're talking about, I'll see about getting one. Mine is bigger, palm sized.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  8. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Yay - my friends gelding pooped and peed. Not out of the woods yet. but things are working again.

Hopefully he can have some food today.

9. Alsosusieq2

Grr on my spam tip, obviously report it as I did before posting that tip, but then hit ignore and refresh.

Threads getting closed lately is my gotd.

mooselady, ginster and NBChoice like this.
  10. Rhythm 'n Blues

GOTD for me is that I didn't sleep well last night. I rode 2 horses (the 2 most trained ones) and my left hip (it's been bugging me lately since I've been instructed to up my riding game with Unicorn) felt GREAT!! Like OMG really good. Well.......like......I woke up in the middle of the night with it bugging me, so didn't get the best nights rest. Finally couldn't take it anymore and sat on an old school plastic juicer to try to loosen it up. That worked and I was able to get a few hours more sleep. Well now I'm behind schedule to meet with my friend to play with Unicorn feet, and this means I won't have much time to ride before I have to get on the road for work............Long 2 days ahead traveling about 4hours away for fittings and then home within 1.5 days!

manesntails likes this.