Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

You forgot elevation! RICE
    Rest, ice, compression, elevation.

manesntails likes this.
  2. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

I forgot to type it, lol. I have it up now. I'm going to see if a hot bath helps.

mooselady likes this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Seems like just a 48 hr bug to me. Not feeling good, but better.. Thanks. ;)

ginster likes this.
  4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Jingles for ya..

5. Peanut Palomino

Peanut Palomino Senior Member

Vet found a total of 5 punctures. One went all the way through her skin into the tissue below. Roxy is on antibiotics, but otherwise perfectly fine. She only seems slightly sore near the bite site, but very itchy-- which could just be because the vet shaved her there. I took her to a pet toy/food store and got her all sorts of new treats and toys.

[​IMG]
    ^It's pretty hard to see in the picture, but the arrows point to four of the punctures where the dog's canines bit into her neck. They look deceptively small, but are deep.

My roommates (my brother and his GF) and I went over to the neighbor's house yesterday to talk about the dog situation. Even after they got their dog out of our yard, there was no apology or anything.
    The man who lives there wasn't home but his wife was. She was immediately defensive and rude. She never apologized and claimed that Roxy bites their other dog through the fence (total BS-- they get along just fine. they greet each other with wagging tails and gentle sniffs and then Roxy walks away). She said they're taking the one that attacked to a shelter in a week and agreed to pay Roxy's vet bill.
    This morning she came over and my brother answered the door. She brought cash for the vet bill but recorded herself giving it to him on her phone for "legal reasons."

She also kind of threatened us. She said that their husky is a purebred and if her husband saw Roxy nip at him she, "wasn't sure what he'll do... I'm not threatening you, but... I don't know what he'll do."

Neighbors suck. A high privacy fence is going to be built fairly soon, so these issues should disappear when that goes up.

6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

GOTD...belatedly.
    Thursdays~!! What's with Thursdays now~!!

Last thursday it was the weird wind that blew some roof of my barn. Still not fixed, can't get anyone to start yet, too busy, they are.
    Than this past thursday, I turn the water on at the kitchen sink...almost no pressure. So go walk the line from the house to the road, 2A long and there it is~!! Fricken Geyser coming up out of the ground , by the tree by the fence line. :mad: So I shut the water off at the street.

Of course, nobody in the plumbing business is free until Tues. No way I was not taking a shower until Tues.~!! :willynilly:
    Had to call around and finally got the guy who bushhoggs for me to come fix it. Dang ROOTS~!!

So, what's it going to be for next Thursday, ya think? :idea:
    Hurricane?.
    Tornado?
    Lightning strike?
    :faint:

Alsosusieq2 and Larkspade like this.
  7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

GOTD....

Well both Fergie and I are NQR, I have extra strength pain pills in hand if needed, and she is being checked out this evening, hoping that she is just a little footsore from an overdue trim, but she does have a small knot on a butt muscle, hoping its a nothing...

Oh, I have to go get a scan on the good knee, X-Rays showed bone spurs and narrowing of the compartments...

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I’m to old for this :poop:!

Yesterday had a freak accident, One of my reins that I had looked over the Saddle horn fell down and Fergie stepped on it and panicked, she swung around in panic and her head smashed into my ribs, totally knocked the wind out of me.....so I’m laying on the floor gasping like a fish, while all around people are panicking!

Once I got my breath back I was fine, but have bruises on my bruises today, where she hit me, where I hit the floor....and then there is the fact that two days showing and one night partying is getting a bit much for the old girl....

B832A360-F2D7-4E4D-A9B7-EC779C85F1E0.jpeg

Thank goodness I have the good feeling of a successful show behind me, or I would be truly sulking today......

Better living through medication right now....

Alsosusieq2, Bakkir and ginster like this.
  9. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Alsosusieq2 and Larkspade like this.
  10. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Hope you heal up quickly. Poor you, it's been one thing after another.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.