Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

It is so dry everything is basically tinder. People are complaining over a fire ban for the long weekend and vehicles being banned from forests. So they try to light them late at night and wonder why their land catches fire

2. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Reason #129 why I hate people.

We desperately need rain. I could do without a fire for camping if it means not burning the whole freaking province down.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

Right? We havent had anything except a tiny bit of snow in the beginning of Feb and it was just a dusting. But lets have camp fires so they dont ruin the holiday

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

We've had more here, but its just as dry. Something was on fire south of my barn last night, there was a grass fire just off the ring road around the city, and there are 2 (i think) wildfires in the area already.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

We also still need rain, scary dry here, watching farmers seeding into dust, and it makes one wonder what the 30's looked like, it's scary.

Feeling old, got weighed and measured for my walker, and paperwork in for my disabled sticker...JEEZ getting OLD......all in preparation for my knee op......

Went to look at a utility trailer, seller said it was 5' wide, get there it's 54"...which is the width of the cut of the ride on mower we wanted to use it for......that is an afternoon I will never get back.....and still not feeling great.

6. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

People that say they are having a panic attack. Sorry Karen, you are just experiencing a normal level of stress. You will be fine.

7. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

I work in quality control for concrete and aggregate and am always receiving random samples from other pits, labs, plants etc to test for jobs. 3 months ago I received a bunch of pails for some sand blasting material, did my testing on it, retained my small 5000g~ samples to keep if needed, and the large 5 gallon pails sat in our warehouse for a few months. Well spring clean up has been going on and I'm assuming someone tossed them as I can't find them anywhere.
    Problem? A sales person is now dragging me over the coals for not having them as "they were her only samples from the mine". Not my problem, love. My job isn't to store big samples for you, if you needed these kept you should've kept them yourself somewhere else. But of course I can't say that. So instead I smile, nod, take the snarky demeaning tone, apologize and say I will go look (for the fourth time) in the plant again for the samples...

Someone shoot me.

8. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

We are going to Vancouver Island for a week in July - not my gripe - its just trying to figure out where to go/stay that is my gripe ! We are going to air bnb it and are wanting to spend 2-3 nights in Parksville, and a couple nights in Victoria, but then what about the other couple of nights!

mooselady likes this.
  9. FaeriesFaith

FaeriesFaith Senior Member

horses that refuse to be caught.

mooselady likes this.
  10. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

My gotd

Im on the bus ride from hell. Left the barn at 430. 2 hrs later and I'm only half way home. Detour on the route took us to a different part of the city after being 40 mins late. At this point I won't be home until 8 pm. Trying.not to loose it. Everyone on the bus is totally po'd.