Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

My one and only gripe is dishonest people, particularly men. :no: I'm over today. If anyone needs me, I'll be under the nearest rock pretending I don't exist. (n)

RnB, hope you feel better soon. Luckily have not had kidney stones, but have seen and heard they're extremely painful.

2. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

GOTD: I haven't heard from one of my bridesmaids basically since my wedding.....that was in July 2016!

She was a "replacement", but not actually, bridesmaid because I had "asked" someone else. The "original" one guilted me into it, and I soon realized that it was a terrible idea. I had been meaning to ask the girl I haven't heard from before this other person guilted me.

I don't know if that made her upset in anyway, and if it did she never said anything when I asked. I have tried several times to get ahold of her, and we had made plans a couple times and then she always bails. She lives in a city two hours away now, but her parents are like 45 mins from where I live - never heard from her when she was coming up or anything.

I think its time to delete her off fb etc, but it really breaks my hear that someone would say yes to being part of someones day like that and then completely disappear after.

This comes up now because I see she shared a photo of one of those baskets people seem to use now to ask people to be their bridesmaid's. Hope that person enjoys losing a friend too. /shrugs.

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Why would you delete her because you've not heard from her? I guess I missed something maybe. She's probably busy as all get out and a two hour drive is a long way unless you used to be completely best friends. You never know.

Edited added - I don't do Facebook really so I probably don't understand. I think I've got maybe four people, my sister / brother / daughter and my cousin. I just didn't ever get interested in it.

manesntails likes this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

In my life I have been fat and I have been thin, and I have been inbetween, usually traveling through to be honest.....but I have never ever had a calf width of less than 16".....as a skinny teenager I really struggled to get long boots on....as a newly thin adult I had to buy Xwide....

To see people asking where they can find long boots to fit wide calves, and then you read they are 16".....I really makes me feel like a freak...well maybe I am.

It also bugs me when I see a beautiful riding polo on sale, and they offer 2X, and you get all excited, then you find 2X is 14-16.

ginster likes this.
  5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

GREAT.....the fan pump on our furnace has packed up....and it is -20*C here...temps in house are plummeting....

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

My only gripe is the cookies I made yesterday were so good I ate too many. I actually did aggravate a tooth yesterday though on probably the toasted nuts that were in them, almonds I think.

7. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

My gripe. I cut my hand deeply doing the dishes. Right between my pinky and fourth finger.

Everything I do with my hand hurts. I keep whacking it on things and I can't use my pinky at all. So frustrating.

8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Ouch! I hope it heals up quickly!

9. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Thanks. I managed to bandage it so it hurts less. I must of woke up 100 times last night because of it.

mooselady likes this.
  10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I promise that in life I am generally fairly patient and tolerant.....

BUT when it comes to parcels I want them NOW.

My breeches, purchased one evening, shipped the next morning, went through the USPS system great....then they are in limbo......neither the US nor Canada has them at present......I hate that.