Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

I’m not liking cuz they treated you badly, just commiserating with you! We have a book we could have written about a certain cell phone company.

2. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

So my mother's cousin (H) lives a state away. I don't know her really at all, but her daughter, D, used to come and spend a week or weekend with us in the summer every couple of years. Sweet girl, has a nerve disorder that I think got her bullied something terrible. She just graduated from high school last year.
    Well, we just heard that her dad (so my mom's cousin's husband) shot himself monday night.
    I guess his behavior had been a little off for about a month, but nobody suspected he was in such a dark place. No obvious triggers.
    I'm sure I met the guy, but I didn't know him well enough to be able to remember what he even looked like. Mostly, I feel for D. This will haunt her the rest of her life.
    Mother and I are going to the funeral Sunday.

ginster and bobo and horses like this.
  3. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Sorry for the unfortunate thing that happened. It’s very sad, I hope the cousin is able to cope with this huge loss. Condolences to your family.

I liked your post, even tho it must seem odd, but in support of your family.

ginster likes this.
  4. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

In relation to my earlier post... it only took about 4 hours to get my fiance's phone reactivated. I actually took the time to post to their Facebook page.
    ---
    Total time spent to reactivate an existing cell phone plan for a deployed soldier - Just shy of 4 hours. It took multiple phone calls to various client care reps, managers and business managers and a trip to a retail location in which a phone rep promised it would be a quick 5-minute process to get myself manually added to the account. "Oh, just give them this confirmation number and show them your POA documents. You'll be in and out. Oh, and here's $40 for your inconvenience".

I walked into the retail location at 4pm. The customer service person told me he couldn't help because he couldn't see the notes. "You're probably going to hate me, because you need to call them back. If I call them, you can't talk to them."

When I asked to speak to his manager, I was told to wait until he was done with a client. Fair enough. I waited 25 or 30 minutes while this manager disappeared into the back with a phone that he needed to transfer data from to a new phone. From what I understand, you plug both phones into something and then they sync together. When he came out half an hour later, he said to the clients "40% done" and then he decided to help me. So that tells me he could have done that and come out to talk to me 30 minutes sooner, rather than standing there and watching the phones transfer data while he knew I was waiting and getting more and more irate, because I'd already been trying to get this done for multiple hours. I was standing there, waiting... and he chose to hide in the back and watch a phone transfer data.

The manager called their RGI or RCI department. That department said I had to mail or email or fax the documents that I'd already sent once, but I wouldn't be added to the account until days later... despite the copious notes on the file to state that I had access at one point and it was removed for reasons unknown in their system. To this, the manager said, "Well, I could fax the documents for you... but we still can't do anything for you today."

Then I had to call Rogers client care myself, wait on hold for 35 minutes while in the store and go through the entire process again. The client care rep I got tried to tell me the same thing, until I started referencing exact dates and times in which I did certain things and referred to specific notes that were on the file... the same notes countless other reps had seen and apparently ignored.

Suddenly, her manager said it was "okay" and I was added to the account. 30 seconds. I left the store at around 5:15 or so.

It took almost 4 hours to do something that should have been a 30 second process. All the documentation was in your system. But it took 4 HOURS of my time to prove everything to you again, multiple times, plus re-send the documents that were originally sent in June. I had to go through multiple client care reps, in different departments, after being disconnected a few times, requiring call backs. I've never encountered such a broken system.

The best part: The store reps could not access the notes the phone reps made, so as far as they were concerned... none of this had even happened and they couldn't help. Perhaps your phone and store reps should have the same access, to prevent a giant cluster**** like this happening again.

Also: I sent a message to this page this morning. Still no response. Pretty good for a page that responds "almost instantly".

Horrible service.

bobo and horses likes this.
  5. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

It's finally warm enough to go to the barn. But it's going to rain for the next 2 days. Can't catch a break.

6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Yesterday I thought I was ill, today I would like to feel like I did yesterday....sick person.

My luggage is still in the city, at least it’s in the same province now.

Oh, and it’s cold

manesntails likes this.
  7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Just recovered from a sinus infection and now I have food poisoning.
    Here's to a healthier 2018. Ha.

manesntails and mooselady like this.
  8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Gets my vote, on the upside I managed to get up, shower and dress (when dressing consists of sweat pants and top, and a bra is not even considered) my scales tell me I have lost 10 pounds over the last few days :eek:

manesntails likes this.
  9. ginster

ginster Senior Member

That is usually loss of water. At least with me. The weight loss never lasts long....

10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Shhhhh, I kind of know that, just looking for positives. I have been trying to push the water as not to dehydrate to much, but I am probably behind the game.

ginster likes this.