Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Again, Receptionist is not at work. Someone else is covering so that I can get my desk cleaned up. And we are both getting all of her crap done today.

This is so frustrating.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

You'd almost swear this person has a relative in the company to keep getting away with this. I've a feeling it's getting close to break time though as this has been going on for quite awhile. :(

3. IslandPony89

IslandPony89 Senior Member

@uncanny580

Hubby has someone similar at work, she full out said she would not be in for christmas or new yrs in front of all staff. Never showed up and hasn't shown up since nor has anyone heard from her. She's missed tons of shifts before, she has a kid and has been kicked squating in her apt.

I dont understand how someone can be like that even with a kid. Hubby said if she showed up tomorrow shed still have her job.

4. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Yeah its super frustrating. One of our managers said to the girl covering today to come up here so that I "could have a break"....Guys....come on now. Fix this ****.

@IslandPony89 if she actually came back after missing scheduled shifts, they can rightfully fire her. If they didn't they are idiots!

5. IslandPony89

IslandPony89 Senior Member

@uncanny580

Hubby has heard from them that they would as they try to understand that people are going thru tough times but she has been missing shifts for months tho this is the first time she hasn't shown up for two weeks.

Hubby refuses to go in to cover her shifts and since i drive him i refuse to get outta bed to take him.

6. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Yeah thats a BS employer. I hate enablers. I don't give a :poop: what you are going through, unless a family member has died, you have a job, you go to work. If you cannot function on a daily basis, you need to get yourself help.

I sound like a cold hearted B, but I have worked with enough :poop:-y individuals that I give no :poop:'s anymore. I come to work through almost anything, I expect other people to too. But if you are going to "work the system" and feign sickness/mental healthy etc. so that your lazy behind doesn't have to come work, you can suck it. Obviously that is not how I feel about ALL people not coming to work. Just individuals like this one person.

Who by the way is not at work again today. "The other kid is sick now". Sure he is. This is the kid that can force himself to puke on the phone so that he doesn't have to be at school anymore (y)

7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

GOTD.

just back from vacation, with a cold/flu...yuk.

Arrived last night, roads to bad to drive on, so stayed in the city, just as well, only 3 of our 4 bags made it to the airport with us, hopefully #4 arrives today!

The one thing I wanted in the UK, was the Rambo Super Dry Rug, on sale at a great price....now rather than snap it up right away, I was greedy, thought I would wait, see if any were reduced further in sales.....no they weren’t. So on 1st Jan, ordered one, paid extra for next day shipping....there was a note saying seller was away until 3rd January....still no problem, weren’t leaving until 8th, so still would be there.

Days pass, no blanket, so email them, eventually get into long conversation with customer service rep, agree to cancel the order, and re order at the same price (has gone up £30 since I bought) and they would ship to Canada.

This morning I get a shipped notice, to the UK address.....jeez, what a fuster cluck.

8. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

My gripe is rain ——— in Michigan, in January, making everything an ice rink by tomorrow morning. It’s 39 degrees but by Friday will be in the single digits.

Happens every year, mostly. A hated part of our winters, the January thaw.

Larkspade and Faster Horses like this.
  9. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Cell phone companies are complete idiots. Fiance is deployed. I suspended his phone service when he left, using the Power of Attorney documents I provided to the cell provider. They added me to his account so I could make changes in the future.

Calling today to start the process of re-activating his phone.

"Oh, you're not on the account. We can't talk to you. And you can't remove a military block. You'll have to bring your documents to a store to fix this and it'll take a few weeks for our legal department to go through this."

Insert nasty words here.

bobo and horses likes this.
  10. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Cue absolute meltdown.

"I sent you my POA documents."
    "We can't talk to you. We need to confirm with him."
    "You don't understand. He is DEPLOYED. He can't call you from where he is!"
    "Then you can escalate the claim. Someone will call you back in 10 business days."
    "Can I take my documents to a retail location?"
    "If you want, but it's up to them if they want to help you."
    "Give me your manager."
    "I'm the only manager here."
    "Then client care. Anyone more useful than you."

I've never screamed at someone like I just did. They lost the documents and then decided to tell me permission to deal with his account was only good for 30 days. I am just so done with this whole deployment.

bobo and horses likes this.