Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Sam C.

Sam C. Full Member

GOTD: Horse people are crazy.

That is all.

2. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Surprise!

:p

Alsosusieq2 and Sam C. like this.
  3. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

My (kind of) gripe for yesterday: I was meeting some friends at the barn for a trail ride at 11am. Knowing that Vanna likes her freedom, I went early in case she was a bag. I left her halter on when I left on Friday, but I wasn't taking chances.

I walked into her field with a lead rope, and walked right up to her. It's like her train of thought is, "Oh, well I'm already wearing the halter so I'm basically caught and it's no fun to run away".

So then I had over an hour to kill before anyone else got there, so she got the grooming of her life. Yes, my kind of gripe is that my horse was oddly easy to catch. Haha.

On the plus side, she had her 7th (or 8th, can't remember) ride under saddle. We went for 2 hours and the ride included going through a country residential area and alongside a highway. She didn't even blink an eye. But she must have been feeling good, because she just HAD to race another horse on the ride. He came trotting up behind her, she flicked an ear back and trotted just fast enough to keep her nose in front. When he started cantering, she switched to pacing. She was so proud of herself, lol.

4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

So tired, fatigue caught up with me about an hour ago.. hard. No sleep last night, so I'm heading that way to sleep til the cows come home.

gaitedboomer likes this.
  5. apndi

apndi Senior Member

I sought out this post just to tell everyone that a particular customer has me wanting to put my head through a wall. I hate customer service.

That is all.

6. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Gotd: People that can't admit they're wrong.

There is a site super at my work who is an absolute idiot and is trying to make it look like I am in the wrong, when he is the one quite clearly being ridiculous and not understanding A SINGLE EFFING THING>

7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Today too many things to list...but they are all kind of big things....so idiot me thought I would check my blood pressure.........what a freaking stupid idea that was........have rechecked and it is heading back down, but head hurts, back is nearly seized, stress overload..

gaitedboomer likes this.
  8. gaitedboomer

gaitedboomer Senior Member

Hit a new decade yesterday ---- if I thought entering into a new realm of aging was depressing before ------ hitting 70 and wondering how in The Sam Hill I got to this number so fast, is even more depressing.

On the happier side of that gray day:

1. I got on my foundered horse (the vet declared him ridable in March) and got on him without a saddle. First time he's been ridden since 2011.

He has always been uncomfortable spitting a bit back out of his mouth, so I put a hackamore on him and he was perfect. Did his level best to take of me --- put a lump in my throat, he was so perfect:running:

2. Ate way too much at Red Lobster; carried enough home for lunch today. The Happy Birthday ice cream plate was some of the best ice cream I've had in awhile.

3. If I can just see my way to making the 20-something mile drive to my favorite tourist-oriented town for some home made Praline Fudge, I might stop whining about turning -------seventy:faint::help::applause:

ginster, mooselady, Sam C. and 2 others like this.
  9. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Happy birthday!!!!!!

Glad to hear about your gelding. :)

DelP and gaitedboomer like this.
  10. apndi

apndi Senior Member

Me waiting for the email telling me Apollo's joint supplement has finally been shipped:

[​IMG]

mooselady and gaitedboomer like this.