Gripe of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, Aug 19, 2014.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Yeah I know I usually start the "lets be positive" thread, but I'm not feeling it today so...I'm dumping some stuff here. feel free to park your gripes here as well.

1) The answer to this question

is NOT

There is no such thing as a shanked snaffle, but there is a broken curb, and I wouldn't actually choose to use it!

2) When I bring home Gibbs fly bonnet to wash, I wish I could find it again, lost, gone, evaporated, not a darn clue where I put it.

3) If life were fair, ice cream would be calorie neutral.

2. ofauxaffliction

ofauxaffliction Senior Member

1) When people put down an insanely talented, loving, once-in-a-lifetime horse because they don't want to "deal with" a lengthy rehab. And then promptly go buy something else that cost twice what treatment for the first would have. :(

2) Driving.

3) Saddle fitting. Or my mare's back. Whichever way you choose to look at it :no:

5 people like this.
  3. Heavenly Jumper

Heavenly Jumper Senior Moderator Staff Member

Peeve for sure!! The mouthpiece has NOTHING to do with whether a bit is a curb or a snaffle. *urgh* Thing is people just repeat what they hear and there's not a lot of 'classes' out there for new people. They just regurgitate from people they trust who can always be wrong!

1 to 1 rein contact = snaffle

leverage that increases that ratio = curb

(disregarding gags etc.)

1 person likes this.
  4. ArabianHorseGal

ArabianHorseGal Full Member

Hmm... Oh yes
    (1) people who seem to think spurs are to make "lazy" horses go faster, and use them so excessively that they make cuts in the horse's sides
    (2) people who use the exact same saddle on their fat broad backed pony as their tall thin TB. Like chances are the saddle is either too big or too small on one of the horses. Just cause saddle is comfortable for you doesn't mean it is comfortable for horse.
    (3) people who always have grooms tack up horse. I understand if you're busy, but every day? And they don't even know how to tack up horses right because someone always does it for them. Like groom tacks up horse, person rides, groom untacks horse, cools it off, and puts it away.

And yes the bit thing is so annoying. I'm with you on the ice cream too!:p

5. Trubandloki

Trubandloki Senior Member

And that is why I own several for each horse...and my house is only 150' from my barn. Fly masks are like socks, pens, and hoof picks.

Cookies too.

Jahmar, CheyAut and Pacing Lady like this.
  6. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

1. riding western does not me I can not tell when you jumper is half dead
    2. I sold it I don't want it back (same with giving something away)
    3. Horse are not pets, and do not treat a mini like a dog it isn't one.

7. Trubandloki

Trubandloki Senior Member

My horses are big expensive pets regulated by livestock laws, as they should be, but still pets as far as how I care for them.

8. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

A friend of the family bought a mini he is being treated like a dog, and is kept in their small backyard.

Jahmar likes this.
  9. Peanut Palomino

Peanut Palomino Senior Member

While I 100% agree with you that a "shanked snaffle" doesn't actually exist, the problem is the tack stores. Tack stores and even big name bit makers still call and label those bots as shanked snaffles. Until they get their act together and start calling things what they are, there will always be a constant stream of people who don't know any better.

My gripe for the day (week) is that it's going to be too hot to ride ALL week long. High 90s with nearly 100% humidity all week. Poor pony :(

Super Step, Beauty and abarton0819 like this.
  10. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

1) You don't know me or my horse.

2) Telling me I'm mean because: I don't know them or their horse.

3) Beeching at people who are having a debate on a thread because................

wait for it..............

"Ya'll are just beeching at each other, beating a dead horse, nobody will ever agree." and: "I'm sick of hearing it~!!" :mad:

:rofl: