Greetings from Ohio!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tobiano Cowgirl, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Tobiano Cowgirl

Tobiano Cowgirl Full Member

Hello everyone!

A little bit about me, I'm a young college student living in Southern Ohio. I am currently finishing up school, with a double major in Veterinary Medicine and Business Management. I finally stuck with those majors after changing them numerous times. I also have a degree in Ag.
    I have 2.5 horses currently. My first being a 16 year old APHA Sorrel Tobiano mare named Rain. The second is a 13 year old APHA Sorrel Tobiano mare named Yuma. Obviously I have a pattern....
    Yuma is in foal to a friend's stud, so I will be expecting a '17 Bay Tobiano foal. I also have other horses in my life that I ride daily, but those 2 are mine. Rain is a semi retired barrel and rodeo horse, now our main focus is back on reining, which is where we originally started. Yuma, is my current barrel horse, though she is taking it easy this year and not being pushed due to carrying. I'm actually in the midst of buying another mare, who also happens to be in foal, along with a younger horse to be my rodeo partner until my mare has her foal weaned and gets back into working like she has been.
    About my horse life, I have grown up with horses all my life. My Mom isn't as supportive as I would like, but oh well. My Dad has been my mentor since I was little, he's not your typical show Dad. My Dad grew up breeding, raising and training racing Quarter Horses with my Grandfather. They slowly moved away from the racing scene to focus on their true love, rodeo. They then started raising Quarter horses for rodeo, and even had bucking stock. My Dad was a roper growing up, so it wasn't a huge surprise when I followed suit. I started riding at the young age of 2. I have competed in some English events, but mostly stuck to Western. For awhile I competed in western pleasure, but fell away from it to focus on my rodeo career. I'm actually currently borrowing a friend's horse to get back into it. I compete in reining, break away roping, tie down roping, goat tying, team roping, gymkhana, and barrel racing. I also enjoy doing trick riding on my girls, hitting the trails or being in a parade or drill team. My dream since I was little, has been to own my own horse business and this year my dream became reality. While much of it is still in the works, with the help of quite a few trainers, I have started a performance horse business. I am currently training, as well as buying, training and selling horses. I have high hopes for the future.
    But that is me and my life.

Sky Cloud, RelaxMax and mesatterfield like this.
  2. WildHorseGirl

WildHorseGirl Full Member

Nice! Welcome to the forum, enjoy yourself here! :D

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

You sound busy-!! Nice horses in your string. Glad to meet you.

Welcome -!! :tiphat:

4. Tobiano Cowgirl

Thank you both very much!
    I am quite busy, but I like it that way. It keeps me out of trouble and keeps me sane!

mesatterfield likes this.
  5. mesatterfield

mesatterfield Registered

Hello, I live and SE Ohio, Lancaster area!! I am a new horse owner and looking for locals to chat with as well. ☺

6. Tobiano Cowgirl

You're an hour and a half from me. I'm in the Lancaster area here and there.

7. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

Welcome!

8. Sky Cloud

Sky Cloud Senior Member

Welcome!!!