green river tack

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Kourtney, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Kourtney

Kourtney Full Member

I'm considering buying a few items from Green River Tack, both their ebay store and their website store. I was wondering if anyone has bought anything of theirs and if they are a good company to buy from. I'm considering buying a halter/bridle, a breast collar, and eventually a saddle (their synthetic western one if anyone knows it). Thanks!!

2. Kourtney

Kourtney Full Member

does anybody know of these guys? i just want trail tack so it's not for show or anything. thanks!

3. SaddleHappy

SaddleHappy Senior Member+

I wanna know too!

4. th72

th72 Senior Member

I have never dealt with them, but it seems to me I heard something good about them once. sorry, it's not much help. but their website is done quite professionaly, not some tacky little thing jus thrown up to have something there.

https://greenrivertack.com/about.shtml

If it were me, I probably wouldn't hesitate to try them.

good luck!

--tara

5. PaintShowin

PaintShowin Full Member

I ordered a bridle from them (won the auction) over a month ago and still haven't gotten it. They shipped it out once, and it got returned, she didn't know why. Shipped it out again, was supposed to be here 3 days ago, never showed up, and today my UPS guy was bringing over some other stuff, and I had asked him about it, and he said that he had a package with this address that came through twice but had a different name on it. We have 6 houses here on the ranch, and the UPS guy knows us all, and it wasn't any of our names. He's going to try to pick it up again and bring it out, but we'll see. Otherwise I'd be able to tell you the quality of their stuff!

6. SaddleHappy

What about synthetic saddles in general? Those prices look really great. I need to decide fast because we're planning to go to the auction tomorrow to get a saddle, but someone told me to be careful because a lot of them are cured in urine! eek! So would a synthetic saddle work ok?

7. Lopin' Leopard

Lopin' Leopard Full Member

We ordered an english bridle from them a while back with fast shipping. we've bought a few other things from them as well and have been very happy with the quality of the stuff we've got.

8. Kourtney

Kourtney Full Member

Thanks for the responses guys! I've emailed them and they replied quickly so at least that was a plus. I think I'm going to go with them though because of their low prices and their stuff looks good at least.

What's that about synthetic being cured in urine??? Gross...is that true? Anyways...Thanks again! I hope that packaged gets to you PaintShowin!! I'm not doing an auction so maybe it'll process and ship faster or something. If I get their stuff I'll update on if I like it for ya!

9. SaddleHappy

No no no. I didn't mean to say synthetic saddles are cured in urine. I don't guess they'd be cured in anything since they aren't real leather. What I meant to say is that I heard if I bought a cheap, LEATHER saddle at the auction it would probably be cured in urine. Sorry for the confusion! blushing

10. cerberus

cerberus Full Member

I just bought a collegiate saddle from CRAZY HORSE TACK not only was the shipping absolutely free, I got in less than a week and a free bridle applaud It was also 100 dollars less than anywhere else! applaud