Got my new horse!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Mirage, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

Very lucky. There's barb wire on the other side of where we fell. I always stay clear of it just in case.

2. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Well, I bet that was a shock.

;)

(Someone had to say it!)

Glad it was unplugged and you guys are okay!

3. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Full Member

So glad your OK!! And that the fence was off... Ouch.. How is she doing otherwise? I was thinking about you guys today and was wondering how she was working out for you. I got excited when I saw an update.. But it wasn't exactly what I hoped to hear!!! Lol

4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

:rofl::rofl:
    [​IMG]

Glad you are both OK OP

5. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

She's fine. I thought she hurt her hind left at first, but she was just relaxing to watch me get up after she ran off. Haha
    I checked her all over, led her, then got on and did slow work.
    She's very forgiving because I'm very sure I popped her in the mouth when we went down. She just acted like nothing happened. Even walked up to me when I went to get her.

Other than that incident, she's great!
    I was told she can't be clipped, which isn't a big deal because I don't clip. Turns out it was just that she didn't like her ears touched.
    But she got over that in one lesson. I guess she just got away with throwing her head for so long.

She's learning to stand still when asked. She was very fidgety at first and constantly moved.

She still has the attention span of a gnat though. We really need to work on that.

But I have taken her on trail rides that lasted a couple hours twice already. She loves to explore and is very sure footed. (Just not in mud obviously.)
    I'm taking her to the 400 acre ranch that my boyfriend manages tomorrow.

Her and Mirage get along like they have known each other since birth. They didn't fight, Mirage only squealed twice. Then they played and ate right next to each other. So I got a good pair again.

6. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

Tongue ties are basically strips cut out of nylons (tights, whatever you call them), but I don't think you'll need to tie her tongue to barrel race.

When schooling and doing slow work, my mare gives the roller on her bit a workout, and she chomps her bit when she gets excited by something. I've done all kinds of things to get her to cut it out, ruled out pain and everything, I've just come to accept that when I hear that roller spinning it means that she's thinking. It's basically a continuation of the "gears turning" in her head haha! I've never noticed her chewing or anything when actually running the pattern, just in slow work.

Spoopy_Doopy_Potato likes this.
  7. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

Yeah, I'm getting her a roller bit.
    Royal likes to grind her teeth when she's nervous.
    Yesterday I noticed the tongue sticks out on what ever side the barrel is on.
    My boyfriend said she's doing it so she remembers to keep turning. Lol

8. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Full Member

Well good! I'm glad to hear that she is working out for you!! And you know...:cautious: It wouldn't hurt if you would post pics of the beauty once and awhile:cool: I really like the looks of her!!

9. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

I will get pictures tomorrow. She's going to be trying out her new polo wraps.

10. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

I got a whole 6 second video of get playing with a rope. :D

GONE ROPING and Varisha like this.