1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured Got my new horse!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Mirage, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

Me and my boyfriend left Friday around noon for our trip from San Antonio, Texas to Phoenix, Arizona to get my new horse. It was a 1007 mile drive one way. We made it there Saturday just before 1 pm.
    I tried out the horse..... And loved her! She's so sweet. No buck, kick, bite, rear, nothing.
    Her only bad habits that I could find are that she doesn't stand still when held or tied. She doesn't pull back, but she paces. And she sticks her tongue out constantly plays with the bit no matter what.
    Both things can easily be fixed though, so no worries about that.

She was bred as a 3 yo to the biggest stud the people could find at the time and the baby was so big it had to be cut out of her. She's nearly 7 now and is perfectly healthy. She just needs a couple stitches so she doesn't make noise when she runs. And if we ever choose to breed her, some other stitches need to be removed first.
    I'm not into the breeding thing, so she will most likely never be bred. But my boyfriend knows about all that stuff and my vet is a good repro vet, so it would get figured out if we ever decided to breed her.

She isn't registered yet, but I have her papers to send in. Her sire is C Tiger Emphasis. Her dam is Touch of Onyx. I'm not an APHA member yet, so if anyone that is a member could look them up I would really appreciate it. Can't find much about them through Google.

So, here is Royal!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan on getting more pictures tomorrow after work. I would love to get her nice and clean, but since it just rained here, that's kinda pointless. Lol

She's getting her feet done in a few days when she's settled in to get new home.

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Congratulations, she's pretty.. cleaned up or not. Looong trip and glad it worked out without a major hitch. :)

3. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Congrats!!

Alsosusieq2 and Mirage like this.
  4. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Full Member

Congratulations! She's beautiful.

Mirage and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  5. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Congrats! Her face reminds me of my first horse. He was a Black & white paint too. :)

Mirage likes this.
  6. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

Thank you. She's a great little horse.

Do paints usually have dished faces? My friend has two registered paints. They both have a slight dish to their faces. I saw their papers and there's no Arabian at all. Royal has a dished face too.

7. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

Yesterday was no good for pictures. It was drizzling all day and she wouldn't stand still for more than a few seconds.
    I'm planning on doing a critique thread later, but if anyone wants to comment, go ahead.
    Her feet still haven't been done and are a mess.

Oh, and I need to get her a headstall that fits.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Depends on the bloodline, but my old horse had a straight profile. The straight profile is considered a more classic stock horse look, but as long as the dish isn't extreme nothing wrong with it. ;)

Mirage likes this.
  9. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

Her dish isn't extreme at all. Mirage just had such a straight face that I really notice the dish on Royal. I love it though. Makes her look more girly. :love:

10. GONE ROPING

GONE ROPING Full Member

Yay for you!! congrats!! She is a cutie!:p Keep us updated on her!!

Mirage likes this.