Gold As Sun

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by southern_horse, Sep 26, 2006.

1. southern_horse

southern_horse Senior Member

I am looking to improving my palomino's color by giving him the Gold As Sun supplement. My friend said it worked when our friend gave it to her palomino pony. Does anyone else have any testimonies about this supplement? Are there any pros or cons? Is it safe to give?

2. MissCita

MissCita Senior Member

I've never heard anything good about it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. I've started feeding my palomino overo mare pumpkin and it's supposed to make the gold really shine. It's a lot cheaper then using gold-as-sun. :D Definately worth a try.

3. SuZQuzie

SuZQuzie Senior Member+

I did for a short while. I did notice a difference is the deepness of his color. Then I switched to Omega Horseshine. WOW. Go with that stuff. It's actually an all-around-er for feet and joints as well. ;)

4. equi_babe_89

equi_babe_89 Senior Member

i am interested in this product, what are the makers called? do you know if i could buy it in england? thanks!
    Miss Cita: do you just fed normal pumpkin, fresh and chopped?
    Suzquzie: do you know the producers of omega horseshine and if it is availiable to me in england? thanks again!

5. DressageGirl

DressageGirl Banned

Whats actually in these supplements?

Is see one for Gold one for Black etc etc....but whats really in them?

I am skeptical about their benefits until I know their ingredients, and many times you can achieve the same results with good common sense feeding, without shoving all sorts of chemicals down your horses throat.

6. SuZQuzie

SuZQuzie Senior Member+

Gold As Sun & Black as Knight are both pretty much the same thing but maybe in different amounts with the main ingredient being paprika. The other stuff is oils, seaweeds, and other spices. It's all natural so no chemicals. ;) But CRAZY expensive.

Omega Horseshine is made by Omega Fields. The main ingredient is ground flax seed, but I'm not sure amount the rest. Oh! I found it.

Okay, so it's pretty much flax, yeast, and oats ground up with lots of vitamins and minerals added in natural forms, especially Vitamin B.

7. Jess!

Jess! Senior Member

I second the Omega Horse Shine.

8. Vix

Vix Senior Member+

That is definately a great idea, especially with Halloween coming up, everyone will have pumpkin galore lying around. :wink:

9. MissCita

MissCita Senior Member

Yeah! Someone left pumpkins at our barn (probably thinking the horses would just eat them) so that's why I've decided to try it.
    Equi_Babe i cooked mine and then mashed it, but you can feed it in pieces too. It's just easier to measure in mashed form. you can feed up to two cups a day, maybe more. I'm not 100% sure.

10. southern_horse

southern_horse Senior Member

I don't know if it's cheaper? Does it truly work? It's safe to use right? How much did you give your horse(s) per day?